What's new

MDC Monday

Went with rose for Valentine's Day
IMG_20220214_140654.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Feb 21. I have three of the MdC's now. Missing Original and unscented. Saving Rose and Citrus for Spring. Fantastic soap. High structure which is nice because it fills the brush so well and yet still gives good protection. If there was a scent in the fresh tobacco leaf category I could see myself being an exclusive user.
Imagepipe_36.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
02/28/2022

Preshave.............Shea Butter last night, Mentholated Cube in the shower, Martin de Candre Vetyver
Bowl.....................Captain's Choice Copper
Brush.........2022 B&B Contributors Brush 26mm Shavemac two band silvertip bulb
Soap..........Martin de Candre Vetyver
Razor..........Gillette Fatboy settings 9, 5, and, 1
Blade..........Gillette Perma-Sharp (11)
Post Shave.......Thayer's Lavender Witch Hazel
After Shave.......Fine Green Vetiver with added menthol
Balm.............Nivea Sensitive
Frag........Guerlain Homme EdP
Rating.......DFS 9.7

I like menthol so I generally use the Mentholated Cube from PAA to wash my beard in the shower. Otherwise I just use whatever soap I'm using and let a wet lather sit on my face for a while. Today I tried something different. I picked up the jar, wet the top, and, used it like a shave stick. I then took my brush and made a very thin wet lather. After that I rinsed my brush, and, loaded a bit, and, made a richer lather to shave with. Not sure I will make a habit of the Martin de Candre stick treatment, but, it worked well.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Last edited:
MdC people: what is your preferred brush on MdC? I ask because of the way different brushes can affect hydration and so the lather.

Top Bottom