What's new

Matters of the Heart - did I make a mistake?

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I saw a nice woman on a dating site and she writes everywhere that she really loves cookies.
I thought about what to write her, and finally wrote her this:

"I am a retailer of North Korean fortune cookies. You just have to try some! PM me for price. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity. Nothing like good old North Korean Fortune Cookies to lift your spirits. Made with gentle care and love in isolated labor camps from the best materials available in Hamgyong and Kangwon provinces, approved by the General People's Committee for Civilian Food and Army Rations, these are treats that will make anyone feel like a kid at Christmas again."

Was this a good idea, in your opinion?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
That depends on what outcome you want. Personal I would not have sent such a reply to a total stranger but that's just me.
Some things are best not said.....

Yeah, I don't exactly see the humor in there, unless she made some reference to North Korea elsewhere?
It's kind of uncool to joke about forced labor camps with a total stranger - that kind of humor is best saved for very good friends in private contexts, if at all!

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
This is what the world is demanding right now. Fortune Biscotti. I'm sure my fortune from the first one would be . . . . "It's a not so bad, it's a nicea place . . . . . . . "

And you think you can out weird me? Yeah . . . I'm looking at you . . . :)

It reads as if you are fed up from her insistent references about cookies.

If you wanted to joke, I assume it takes both persons to be acquainted to get jokes. An out of the blue one from a stranger can easily be misunderstood.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

1605049118765.png

I saw a nice woman on a dating site and she writes everywhere that she really loves cookies.
I thought about what to write her, and finally wrote her this:

"I am a retailer of North Korean fortune cookies. You just have to try some! PM me for price. Don't miss this once in a lifetime opportunity. Nothing like good old North Korean Fortune Cookies to lift your spirits. Made with gentle care and love in isolated labor camps from the best materials available in Hamgyong and Kangwon provinces, approved by the General People's Committee for Civilian Food and Army Rations, these are treats that will make anyone feel like a kid at Christmas again."

Probably not but I thought it was pretty funny! I suspect you'll get no response.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
Try this ice breaker next time: "Hey- whaddaya think of the Vadnais trade?" That way you immediately find out how much she knows about nearly forgotten hockey players from the 70s, which is a very important element in establishing a lasting romantic relationship.

If she asks what you think of the trade, say "I dunno. I think it's still too soon to judge that deal, so I'm gonna wait and see."

Top Bottom