What's new

Maseto brushes

I'm pushing no buttons. Not until they have what I want and/or credit cards are at zero.

Hahah, lol! Hard, isn't it! I so recognize it. It becomes even harder if you still have some money in your PayPal account!

I just sent him a message and asked it he had a silvertip brush (was looking for that one) in a barber pole handle. The next day he said I could buy it, as he just added it to his shop.

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.
Hahah, lol! Hard, isn't it! I so recognize it. It becomes even harder if you still have some money in your PayPal account!

I just sent him a message and asked it he had a silvertip brush (was looking for that one) in a barber pole handle. The next day he said I could buy it, as he just added it to his shop.

I've already done much the same thing with a Zenith brush. The vendor told me it will be available in April. I'll buy it then. I can be patient as I wait on the appearance of another particular MS brush, and just see what pops up. Not buying doesn't mean not looking, and it doesn't mean I won't buy if I see just what I already know I would buy if I saw one.

All this is easier because in April I'm using only the boars (unless I change my mind) or something like that.

Happy shaves,

Jim

How long is it taking for these to arrive? Mine seems to be stationary somewhere in China
I’ve ordered two. Each arrived in under two weeks. After the first notice that the package has been shipped, there is not much by way of tracking updates until the package is received by USPS. One that happens, should be another 3 or 4 days until it arrives in the US in customs and another day or two until it is delivered (at least that is my experience in NYC).

My first one ordered took over a month. The second one took much less-about 2 1/2 weeks. While the wait is excruciating, it's worth it.

marty

Relax I'm still waiting too for my 30mm 2 Band Finest in an Ivory handle and also a 26mm Extra Density 2 Band Finest "Memphis", the supplier from eBay maybe sick at the moment so please be patient.

Not particularly worried. Mine was received and dispatched by EMS/China Post so I know it's been shipped. My experience with items sent from China is similar to what someone else posted: leaves the last postal station in China and then shows up at your door, with little or no tracking in between, particularly from USPS.

Received my 24mm extra density Atlanta two-band finest yesterday, about 2-1/2 weeks from order date. Will start using it next week. Very pleased with the appearance. Handle is flawless as is the rest of the workmanship. Tips do appear, as some may have suggested, to have been bleached. No funky smell at all. Only detectable aroma at all is the vague scent of shoe-leather glue that I can remember from cobbler shops.

Received my 24mm extra density Atlanta two-band finest yesterday, about 2-1/2 weeks from order date. Will start using it next week. Very pleased with the appearance. Handle is flawless as is the rest of the workmanship. Tips do appear, as some may have suggested, to have been bleached. No funky smell at all. Only detectable aroma at all is the vague scent of shoe-leather glue that I can remember from cobbler shops.
Got mine yesterday. My experience is he same. My only complaint is that the loft is too low and the fan knot has a fairly pointy top.

Used my 30 mm 2-band this morning. It's a bit like a new Simpson Chubby - dense, short loft, and very much the lather hog. I imagine that it will take some time for the bulb to open up and start releasing lather. The loft is the same as my Chubby 2, but the knot is a couple of mm wider. The massage is wonderful. There is no skritch, the tips are soft, but due to the significant backbone there is a fair amount of scrub. At this stage it's too stiff to paint well but once again, the massage is wonderful.

Looking forward to breaking this in.

I imagine that it will take some time for the bulb to open up and start releasing lather.

For me at least, a week’s worth of shaves and it opens up very nicely. When I first used the 30 mm silvertip bulb, I was upset that I didn’t order another fan instead. I must have forgotten that the fan too needed a little break in. Fast forward a couple of weeks and both are just great to alternate daily.

I've ordered this shaving brush a couple of days ago:

proxy.php

Maseto Shaving Silvertip Badger 30mm Black Handle (the bulb one I guess since it didn't mention "fan shape" in the description).

Chan Eil Whiskers

Fumbling about.

proxy.php

Maseto Shaving Silvertip Badger 30mm Black Handle (the bulb one I guess since it didn't mention "fan shape" in the description).

I have the black fan and the horn fan. You're going to like your brush. Soft. Loads of backbone for a silvertip. A very nice brush.

proxy.php

I own that brush in horn and it punches above its weight class. Mine is fully broken in and is a dense, soft, lather building machine.

marty

Top Bottom