What's new

Maseto brush : what to expect ?

I received the Maseto today. I bought the silvertip 3-band 266mm but it measures 28mm. Good point ^^
The brush is beautiful ! I haven't tried it yet but that is a high end product for sure. The handle is gorgeous too and the hair seem so soft !!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

I ordered the 26mm Manchurian with the avitar handle on December 27. It finally cleared Chinese customs today and should be arriving in the next couple weeks. Fingers crossed

AimlessWanderer

Remember to forget me!
Two of the same model of Simpson brush can have as much as +/- 5mm difference in lofts

if the hairs themselves are a standard length, then the variance must be cause by the thickness of the glue layer - or have I got that wrong?

This is purely speculative, and just my opinion as a customer. They are hand tied, and setting knot length isn't a particularly precise job, I don't think. I also think they make a judgement call on the knot length due to hair variations. The nominal size being set on what they expect the hair to feel like, but they may increase/reduce the loft if a specific batch of hair feels stiffer or floppier than expected.

For example, I have a Vulfix 2190 in super badger which is set very low, but still a floppy-ish knot when loaded (a fantastic brush for using with shave sticks though). I think if it was set at the correct height with that hair, it may have been near unusable on cakes of hard soap.

Here is a picture with the Maseto and the Chubby 2 best badger. The maseto is a tad bigger and it's like a cloud on the face. Definitively a high-end brush, as good as my chubbies and my THater, for much cheaper. I am really impressed.

2.jpg

Top Bottom