What's new

Martin de candre

that's very nice...we have a few wet shavers at work, so it works out well for me too...plus a few other Winnipeg B&B members.

good to know about the storage, i may get a couple more soon. :balloon:

You've gotten me a little paranoid. I wrote them a note asking if there was an expiration date. I think most (cosmetic) products in the UK are labeled for "time it's good after breaking the seal". In that the actually request that you leave the top off (unlike any cream I've ever used), I'm assuming it's meant to last a long time. Especially if I don't break the seal. After all, they age it for 5 months in an open area before it even goes to market.

I'm a soap waster and I admit it. I load my brush up good and always have lots of lather left when I'm done shaving. 2-3 passes and I'm a daily shaver. I load Cella for around 30-45 seconds and the Martin de Candre for less than that. The stuff lasts a long time that is for sure. They do recommend to left the top off and if you look at the website you will see they offer fancy glass bowls that were made to act as a display on the counter next to the sink and they offer no way to cover the soap. I've never tried it with a boar but I think I might.

the two big luxury items i think i want to try are MdC and AdP i think im going to finally pull the trigger on MdC so few people have anything bad to say about it, seems i simply must experience it for myself if i can get over a year out of it while in rotation with other things the value isnt all that bad for something that performs great and is enjoyed so much

the two big luxury items i think i want to try are MdC and AdP i think im going to finally pull the trigger on MdC so few people have anything bad to say about it, seems i simply must experience it for myself if i can get over a year out of it while in rotation with other things the value isnt all that bad for something that performs great and is enjoyed so much

I always try to step in here and present a negative point of view. The soap lathers well and provides a nice shave, but the scent is (IMHO) terrible. I tried to like it, but couldn't. I probably shaved with it about 5 times before I sold it off.

YMMV and all that.

brucered

System Generated
I always try to step in here and present a negative point of view. The soap lathers well and provides a nice shave, but the scent is (IMHO) terrible. I tried to like it, but couldn't. I probably shaved with it about 5 times before I sold it off.

YMMV and all that.

it's definitely a "LOVE IT" or "HATE IT" soap. me, i LOVE IT.

the good thing is, it's a 30sec sale on the BST if it's not for you.

Back in the day my Dad would run out of shaving soap and use Noxemma the old one kind of smelt the same that being said I've tried a couple of soaps people here have raved about and I hated choice is good !
ENJOY YOUR SHAVE

I have love/hate relationship with MdC. It lathers like a dream and nothing leaves my face so soft, but I hate the scent.

I love it, the lather is great and I think the scent is too. I've had mine in the wooden bowl since October last year and I probably use it 3 days a week so I have had around 60 - 70 shaves from it. The soap is still above the top of the bowl and hardly looks started. At this rate it will be another few years before I can get some more!

I have the wooden bowl and have used it exclusively for many days now. At first, the scent was a turn off but the performance was good, so I kept on. I've grown to enjoy the scent and the stories of it lathering before the brush hit the soap are true. Or as my soon would say, "true-ish."

It's great stuff that lasts forever. I bought a 2 ounce sample from Garry and then received a new jar in the process. I am STILL using my 2 ounce sample and I've had it for 2 months now.

I am pretty middle of the road with the scent. I am not the biggest lavender fan, but I fairly like MDC. Of course, the performance is its forte though. Oddly enough I enjoy the scent of the Fogure (spelling?) soap sample they included with it more than the MDC?

Top Bottom