What's new

Mark Tinsky Christmas Pipe

Forgot to add.. no affiliation other than as an admirer of his work.
Just figured I'd share with the bros.

Oh my! I've always admired the bent pipes and those look amazing. I'd love to own one, if I could afford one. It's nice to dream though, thanks for sharing the link.

Mark is in my top five American carvers..

If you've never checked him out have a look at Rad Davis pipes.. Mark taught him to carve, the pupil surpassed the master.
One uber cool thing about these two lunkheads is they visit and participate in the various pipe forum.

I used to own several of Mark's pipes and they were some of the best smoking pipes I ever owned. I still kick myself because when Rad was first starting out his pipes were quite inexpensive but I never bought one. Now they are priced well beyond my pocketbook.

Because you know you couldn't help it. And it is James' fault.
Well, let me just say that Mr. Tinsky immediately sends out a personal email when you order, thanking you and giving you an approximate ship date. Not that I ordered one, of course. I'm just sayin'.

Well, let me just say that Mr. Tinsky immediately sends out a personal email when you order, thanking you and giving you an approximate ship date. Not that I ordered one, of course. I'm just sayin'.

I can attest to this, and I have not (yet) ordered a 2012.
He sent a personal email when I spent $50 on the parts for the freehand that I made a while back, and he was quite interested in maintaining the exchange to see the finished product!

Why did I open this thread? Sorely, sorely tempted.

Opening the thread wasn't trouble,... clicking the link on the other hand wasn't so kind,... thank goodness i have way to many Xmas presents i still need to pick up before i could spend some money like this on myself,... stupid Nib purchases took out my "me" money for a month

I hope,... if you pick one up James can you label your resulting thread something else till after xmas lol,

With Great Names, Comes Great Responsibility Enabling

Soon you will all see the dangers of extensive browsing on Mark's site. Don't say I didn't warn you :sailor:

Soon you will all see the dangers of extensive browsing on Mark's site. Don't say I didn't warn you :sailor:

Yup.

Bought the B&B 2012 LE, couldn't afford another one of Mark's pipes, so I made my own from one of his kits!

Attachments

• $Kit.jpg
    $Kit.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 58
  • $finished2.jpg
    $finished2.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 58
Was quite pleased.
It's a great smoker.

I thought it was going to take days to complete, but I actually got it to the point of laying on the stain in about 6 hours with nothing more than a band saw, Dremel with a sanding drum, and hand sanding.

Attachments

• $kittop-brushed.jpg
    $kittop-brushed.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 38
  • $firstcuts2.jpg
    $firstcuts2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 38
  • $finalcut2.jpg
    $finalcut2.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 38
  • $ready2stain3.jpg
    $ready2stain3.jpg