What's new

Manhattan Cutlery Co Score

Picked this up yesterday. Needs a bit of work but still had a arm hair cutting edge. I have it torn down and cleaned up a bit. I am going to get a bevel set on it again before fixing the awful pearling job. Trust me, it isn't as deep or as bad as it looks.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 91
Great shaver. Bought mine on a lark not knowing how it would turn out. My scales are probably beyond my skill to salvage so I made a new pair. One of my favorite wedges now. Before and after picks of mine.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 88
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 88
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 88
Picked this up yesterday. Needs a bit of work but still had a arm hair cutting edge. I have it torn down and cleaned up a bit. I am going to get a bevel set on it again before fixing the awful pearling job. Trust me, it isn't as deep or as bad as it looks.

I have a Wosty wedge with the exact same shape and spinework!

This one was around 17/16ths, but a nasty chip in the edge. The scales had beautiful engraving, but sadly the engraving was on the broken scale :(

I just wish I could get the mirror shine on mine, I spent hours on this one, and this was the best I could get. One day.... One day....

I just wish I could get the mirror shine on mine, I spent hours on this one, and this was the best I could get. One day.... One day....

That's why I gave up on restoration. No workshop means I don't have the proper tools. Without the proper tools, perfection is very time consuming.

Top Bottom