What's new

Mama Bears Lemon Rose review and lather pics

Came home to find two packages waiting for me. An arko stick in one and Mama Bears new lemon rose soap in the other. Well after all the excitement of the lemon rose thread i knew i had to jump right on this review so i went straight to the bathroom and started soaking my Semogue SOC. Then i opened the tub of soap and my wife instantly says "oh, that smells gooooood" I really didn't know what to expect as i had never smelled a lemon rose combination before, but i was very pleased by the scent. The rose is stronger than the lemon and it just adds a touch of freshness to the rose scent. well, now that i know that the scent is good it's time to lather up. i flooded the puck with warm water and let it sit for about 30 seconds. I loaded my SOC (my favorite brush btw) for 30 seconds. then swirled for about a minute. having only face lathered with mama bears in the past i found that i underestimated the amount of water i would need so i had to add some. heres what i came up with after about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
$mama bear soap 2.jpg$mama bear soap 3.jpg$mama bear soap 1.jpg
The lather performed wonderfully. i performed a 3 pass shave and some touch up. I used my feather as d1 and a feather blade. I normally would have used my r41 but i am forcing myself to give the feather a fair chance to impress me(that's another thread).
So overall, i am really happy with the lemon rose soap from Mama Bear. She went out on a limb for me and came off smelling like a rose(with lemon).
Thank You Sue, you are an artist.

Last edited:
Hi Predict: Thanks 4 your review. Is Mama Bear selling this scent? Keep me posted. Glad that ya liked it.

WARHAWK

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
Wowser, that arrived fast!
Glad to hear the scent is SWMBO-approved. Makes me more eager to receive my puck.

How would you describe the rose? I honestly haven't smelled any of her rose products but love almost all roses except for the overly dry Trumpers soap. Would you say its more on dry side or sweet side or just plain awesome floral rose:)

How would you describe the rose? I honestly haven't smelled any of her rose products but love almost all roses except for the overly dry Trumpers soap. Would you say its more on dry side or sweet side or just plain awesome floral rose:)
Well I'm no rose connesour but I would say that it's a floral scent.

To go from a request for a different scented soap on a message board.....to having the finished product in your hand one week later.

All I can say is Wow.

this really is amazing. Somebody (?seizure?) asks an innocent question about whether there is a lemon-rose scented shaving soap, and within a few short days somebody is posting lather pics and a review of a product that never existed before? Really?

This is just one of the many reasons that B&B is the best message board on the planet!

this really is amazing. Somebody (?seizure?) asks an innocent question about whether there is a lemon-rose scented shaving soap, and within a few short days somebody is posting lather pics and a review of a product that never existed before? Really?

This is just one of the many reasons that B&B is the best message board on the planet!

And not just one, but 2 soapmakers stepped up to the challenge! Mama Bear and Mystic Water.

And not just one, but 2 soapmakers stepped up to the challenge! Mama Bear and Mystic Water.

MJ's soaps offered to get on board as well, and QCS has already delivered at least one custom made rose/lemon as well.

Four soap makers from a random forum discussion is pretty incredible!

The response to the lemon rose thread has been incredible. I have samples on the way from mystic water and a puck coming from QCS as well. I will be sure to post my reviews on both of those.

MJ's soaps offered to get on board as well, and QCS has already delivered at least one custom made rose/lemon as well.

Four soap makers from a random forum discussion is pretty incredible!

Don't forget about Al from Al's Shaving/The Bomb. I am currently sniffing the jar of deliciousness he sent my way.

The artisans of this board are simply the best. Their willingness to accommodate customers and their potentially hair-brained ideas is so incredibly refreshing.

I got my soap from Mama Bear today, and it's totally different than I had expected it to be. Much sharper - a very clean, crisp scent.

This is my first soap from Mama Bear, so I had to try a test lather - just to play if nothing else. I couldn't believe how much later I got using strictly normal (for me at least) methods. Piles of nice, thick, smooth, slick lather that stinks rather nicely. I'm looking forward to actually using it in the morning.

Simply amazing. On a Tuesday a thread on a scent gets posted, and here a week later I'm messing around with the results. And this is from only one maker in several that made a version in the same time frame.

... seizure - you're credited for the combination. At least you were in the thread that seems to have started all of this. Great idea.

today i received the puck from Queen Charlottes soap. It's essential oils only. smells fantastic! i will post a review and lather pics soon.

Addendum -

Ok. I tried the LR soap this morning. I love the smell, and it persists nicely though the entire shave. Just as in yesterday's quick test it took surprisingly little effort to produce prodigious amounts of later.

And the lather did a great job at softening the whiskers and lubricating my skin for the shave.

I may well have a new favorite.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My puck came in this morning (Canada Post delays... Grrr) along with a puck of Roses and a bunch of other stuff which was waiting for me at the Post Office.

Great label, as always, and when I opened it up, I got hit (in a good way!) with lemon lemon and lemon. Could hardly detect the Rose scent, especially when compared to its sister Roses puck which arrived the same time.

Was this puck really going to be a Lemon-Roses, or would it just be a Lemon? :tongue_sm

Let my brush and the puck soak for about a minute while I was mixing up some barbicide for the new additions to my razor family (see link above), and then started to load my brush. After about only 10 seconds or so, getting loads of proto-lather ....

This stuff just started to explode as soon as it hit the Dirty Bird!

NOW the rose scent is coming to life! The lemon is fading into the background but is still there as the rose starts to come to the fore. MMMmmmmmmm :001_tt1:

After about a minute or so, here's what we get....

... and it's more than thick and creamy enough for the put-it-in-your-hand-and-squish test!

As always, the proof is is the pudding .... or in this case, how was the shave?

This was a wonderful morning shave! Any concerns over the lemon overpowering the rose have been put to bed. The best way I can describe it is to picture yourself sitting in a rose garden in full bloom, while having a glass of lemonade.

Sue has definitely made a winner here and I can do nothing but recommend that you try this one if you ever get the chance. A big :thumbup: from me

Last edited by a moderator:
Sue has definitely made a winner here and I can do nothing but recommend that you try this one if you ever get the chance. A big :thumbup: from me

Sam, you just made my day.. This right now is my favorite scent.. and I am amazed that I would love this combination so much.. but I sure do. It's going to be a regular in the lineup.. Thank you!

Top Bottom