I received my "jar" (the thing's tiny) as part of a trade with Brett Graver. He used it once, and I've used it once...
Here are the main points Brett and I agree on (in no particular order):
1) Tiny jar for the price (approx. 4" diameter by about 3/4" high glass)
2) Smells EXACTLY like the "mink oil" that I use to condition my shoes
3) Decent shave / Decent softening of skin
4) No lather - you almost don't want to put your brush in this stuff...
5) Both of our face/neck turned a light/faint pink afterward. Not painful in any way, but obviously some reaction caused by the cream (almost like that of a thermogenic substance). Seems to disappear after 15 minutes or so.
So - it WILL get the job done. However, if I want a good, conditioning shave without any of the fun/aromatherapy of good wetshaving products, I'll stick with Ultra Shave.