What's new

Made me laugh.

I was reading a blog on one of my feeds today, about the best choice for shaving if you have sensitive skin written by a barber.. First a straight, plus points were a close shave, blade should last forever, cons were maintenance and a learning curve.
Now his views on a de, pros a close shave, prevents nicks and cuts, good for curly hair, cons, this is where I laughed, hard to find a de razor and blades can be expensive 😁
I gave up when he said that multi blade razors give the closest and best shave

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I was reading a blog on one of my feeds today, about the best choice for shaving if you have sensitive skin written by a barber.. First a straight, plus points were a close shave, blade should last forever, cons were maintenance and a learning curve.
Now his views on a de, pros a close shave, prevents nicks and cuts, good for curly hair, cons, this is where I laughed, hard to find a de razor and blades can be expensive 😁
My only regret about switching back from carts to DE is the cost of DE blades being ever so much higher than carts.
I guess I can live with it.
The only other disadvantage is that the carts are right there in the open to grab and take to the checkout, but DE blades get locked up in a case with an anti-shoplifting tag on them, so you have to call a clerk over to even buy them.

I shaved with expensive multiblade systems rougly 3/4 years ago I thought I was close shaven, then I shaved with R41 and told myself uh huh, that’s how to be close shaven looks like.

my shaves with carts were like shaving with R89 doing only one WTG pass. Ok but nowhere close to DFS or better.

Last edited:
I shaved with expensive multiblade systems rougly 3/4 years ago I thought I was close shaven, then I shaved with R41 and told myself uh huh, that’s how to be close shaven looks like.

my shaves with carts were like shaving with R89 doing only one WTG pass. Ok but nowhere close to DFS or better.
6 years ago, after decades of cartridge shaving, my wife gave me a Merkur 23C as a birthday present. Loaded with a pre-2016 Derby Extra, it absolutely blew the doors off the Mach3s & Fusions. End of discussion.

Top Bottom