What's new

Made in England Personna Blades

I often see messages on this site regarding various Personna blades such as ones made in Israel, lab blues, and medical prep blades. I have appreciated reading those messages and also using the lab blue and medical prep blades in particular. However, I have been using made in England Personnas for about a month now. I have personally found them to be close to on PAR with the lab blue and medical prep blades in regards to sharpness and smoothness. I thought some folks on here may appreciate seeing this blade and reading about it. Have a good day, Mullard. See below pictures.

EB32C5F0-905A-4284-8332-E7D8AF9BC75E.jpeg
E55CB6A8-DA7B-4945-8918-E42A53AEA66D.jpeg

I often see messages on this site regarding various Personna blades such as ones made in Israel, lab blues, and medical prep blades. I have appreciated reading those messages and also using the lab blue and medical prep blades in particular. However, I have been using made in England Personnas for about a month now. .....

Do you have any idea when these blades were made? I know Personna did make blades in the UK at one time, but I do not believe they still do.

Personally, I like Personna blades, especially the ones made in Israel. The Lab Blues made in the USA are smoother as they have the "comfort coating" but I prefer the sharper Israeli Reds and Crystal blades. Many times you can find the Israeli Reds at local outlets disguised as generic-branded blades. Some say made in Israel. Sometimes they will say made in Mexico as the blades can be shipped from Israel to Mexico for packaging.

I have no idea whether the Med Prep blades are the same as the Lab Blues as I have heard comments on both sides of that discussion.

...I have no idea whether the Med Prep blades are the same as the Lab Blues as I have heard comments on both sides of that discussion.

They are, apart from the former being sanitized. As well, all the Israeli made blades are the same except for the names with one exception: Crystal. No one seems to be able to find out more info on that one.

Well, the picture says they are from when under ASR was under Philip Morris ownership, so they're over 40 years old.

Top Bottom