What's new

luxottica $%&#!

Went to put on my 3-year-old wayfarers and they broke in half right at the bridge. Actually, "broke" isn't the right word -- they simply fell apart when I picked them up. The break is perfectly smooth. When I have time I will try to take a pic.

Lucky I have a 30+ year pair made by Bausch and Lomb as back up.

Went to put on my 3-year-old wayfarers and they broke in half right at the bridge. Actually, "broke" isn't the right word -- they simply fell apart when I picked them up. The break is perfectly smooth. When I have time I will try to take a pic.

Lucky I have a 30+ year pair made by Bausch and Lomb as back up.

I think I would contact Luxottica and let them know what happened. They may replace them as defective.

I've found that most sunglass manufacturers are more than happy to send you a new pair for the cost of shipping if your old pair breaks. I'd contact your retailer first, and then if that doesn't work get a hold of Ray Ban and they'll likely help you out.

I agree on sending it back. I have never had a problem when something breaks.

The only problem I have is when I lose them which happens more than I would like to admit

I had a pair of Serengeti shades break the exact same way but they were 10 years old. I also miss my old tortoise B&L Wayfarers.

V

VR6ofpain

My Flexon by Luxottica did the same. I was shoveling snow and turned around and noticed my glasses fell off
I had a pair of Flexon's that did this. I was cleaning them, with virtually no pressure on the bridge (since I was hold the frame around the lens, and cleaning the same lens), when all of a sudden the bridge snapped with a clean break. Funny that they flexed for so long with no issues, then one day they have a catastrophic failure with almost no induced fatigue. I figure the material is flawed.

I replaced them with some standard Brooks Bros frame that are not Flexon.

I'm just glad my shop warrantied them. I read on many optician's forums about how crappy Luxottica treats them and how poor their customer service is

As a follow up, Luxottica would not make an out-of-warranty repair.

BTW, they recently changed (cheapened) the hinges on wayfarers, and probably others. Disappointing.

As a follow up, Luxottica would not make an out-of-warranty repair.

BTW, they recently changed (cheapened) the hinges on wayfarers, and probably others. Disappointing.

That is disappointing. I have owned Wayfarers since High School. I have moved on to Persol and other brands but always keep a pair on hand.

You're lucky. The Wayfarers are a classic style. I had a pair of aviators Luxottica stopped producing and the cost to replace them with a current style (minus a credit) worked out to slightly more than the cost of buying a pair I actually liked.

Wow. I'm glad that I've hung onto the pair of Wayfarers that I bought about 20 years ago. Though I've never gotten around to putting prescription lenses in them. I should bring them along when I hit the optometrist this Saturday for my exam.

Top Bottom