What's new

Luc leftover shaving soaps and creams #3017

Update, the bottom of the soap appeared, time for a picture. Usually, it's not too long after that. Daily use, exceptional rinse to get a clearer picture.
View attachment 1749841
When I tracked number of shaves per pick of soap, it was my experience that the amount of soap left at the time the bottom first shows through is about 30-35%.

In other words, if a hypothetical shave soap had 100 shaves' worth of soap in it, you would hit the bottom somewhere around shave 65 or so. I found that surprising; my intuition was that there would have been fewer shaves remaining.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Tiki soap is done. Earlier this week, I broke the ring of soap in the tub. When the ring breaks, the end is near. I tried to leave the tub up, no rinsing (as always). I would avoid putting more water in there so I could stretch the soap for as long as I could.
IMG_1826.JPG

Next up is the first soap that I grabbed without looking (i.e. the one on top). Proraso Green tub. There are a few shaves in this one already and Proraso is a product that I like. I believe the cream works better but I always get good shaves out of the soap (or croap) version. Usually, those melt fairly quickly. If I remember correctly, I'm able to get around 45 shaves from a tub like that. I will continue the minimal water, no rinsing approach and see how I go!
IMG_1827.JPG

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
Time for an update. Somehow, a soft brush and not rinsing the soap expands the life of the soap considerably. I rinsed the soap for the picture but it’s not melting like Cella at all!
90AAA278-49BA-47C0-A7A1-24C2DA7B419D.jpeg

Time for an update. Somehow, a soft brush and not rinsing the soap expands the life of the soap considerably. I rinsed the soap for the picture but it’s not melting like Cella at all!
View attachment 1785388
I’ve came to this conclusion too.

Seems like I get a lot more shaves than others out of a tub.

I’m almost certain this is why.

Reactions: Luc
Top Bottom