What's new

LRod's Acquisition and everything else Thread!

I see a picture of it in their Ali Express brass razor page but don't see it as being offered. Usually they show what they don't have as out of stock (with a grayed out thumbnail picture) but for the AC I see nothing. Hope you're able to get one!
And that's one thing I've noticed, when they stock something, you need to jump on it. Either they make a little bit at a time or their selling like hotcakes!
IMG_7253.jpeg

Just took this screenshot. Shows out of stock. Oh well, I’m considering the Blackbird Lite baseplate in brass for my stainless BB. I’m thinking it might make a good daily driver.

(I hope)

Quick update on the Shield stainless DE:
21 hours later and my face has minor stubble.
A definitely close shaving razor that rivals my other top performers. Very important since as I've said before, I need a razor capable of giving me a shave that lasts throughout the workday. And that shave has to be a 2 pass non ATG shave!
It's a good one in every respect!

View attachment 1836321

Just took this screenshot. Shows out of stock. Oh well, I’m considering the Blackbird Lite baseplate in brass for my stainless BB. I’m thinking it might make a good daily driver.

(I hope)
Hmm! Weird!
On my end it doesn't even show. But I've noticed that they have stuff scattered all over Ali Express so I'm probably seeing another page.
So yeah, keep an eye on it till it's in stock. You can also email them to ask through the Ali Express messaging system.
The Shield guy is really nice!
About the Blackbird Lite:
Can't comment on it since I've never tried it. I've only had the standard brass BB with the open comb and sold it.

Ah, sorry, I forgot to say - with a blade loaded, from the blade tab side.
I'm curious how much unsupported blade there is and how it would cover/restrict the lather holes.
I didn't totally understand what you wanted to see, but I'm guessing the first two pictures is what you needed. Either way I took a few pictures at different angles of both with a blade installed.
Hope this helps!

PXL_20240427_034526831~3.jpg
PXL_20240427_034610315~3.jpg
PXL_20240427_034204130~2.jpg
PXL_20240427_034225519~2.jpg
PXL_20240427_034243581~2.jpg
PXL_20240427_034324136~2.jpg
PXL_20240427_034355896~2.jpg
PXL_20240427_034416727~2.jpg
PXL_20240427_034513148~2.jpg

Last edited:
Just got it out of the mailbox and opened the box. Still haven't seen the razor since I'm driving home. Man, not only did they give me a substantial discount for being a repeat customer but they also included a complimentary full size tin of their shaving cream which I hear is excellent.
These guys are great!
Teaser pic:

PXL_20240427_173856715.jpg

So I couldn't wait and just had a shower for a shave with the Saturn.
I had plenty of growth since I got home late last night and didn't shave then.
So about 1.5 days of growth for this shave!
Well my friends, I think this is my unicorn razor.
Fantastic is an understatement!
Loaded a new Personna Lab blue and had my usual 2 pass shave.
Perfect, perfect, perfect in every way!!

I thought the brass Jupiter would be unbeatable but the Saturn beats
it by a smidge. This thing glides even more and shaves smooth as silk.
The head design is a bit different than the Jupiter but they definitely feel
like they're from the same lineage:
Jupiter: 110 grams, blade gap 0.5mm & blade exposure 0.03" & handle length is 100mm.
Saturn: 120 grams, blade gao 0.6mm, blade exposure 0.03" & handle length is 85mm.

I think the slight extra weight and slight blade gap increase is what makes it
even more perfect.
A shave as smooth as it gets (a tad above mild) and excellent efficiency.
Love it!!
The only two negatives I can say is:
1. The very short screw post (I mentioned this before when reviewing the Jupiter)
It's acceptable but it'd be better if it was a bit longer. It's OK if you don't use a washer but
I use a washer on any razor that accepts it. Both Reggie's have a slot for a washer!
2. They need to do a better job with the polishing. They mention that they hand polish these
razors and to expect some machine marks. The final actual polishing seems so so. But It's not really an issue for me because I'll simply hand polish it myself and that'll take me 20 minutes to do! So no big deal!
The Jupiter didn't have this issue though. The polishing on that one was spot on!

The Reggie's shaving soap that I received as an extra:
Excellent stuff!
It's a nice soft soap that performs well and smells fantastic. It's kind of like a barber shop scent with
a very mild added OUD scent. And the scent lingers after the shave which I like.
Very nice indeed!

So folks, this is where I go from here (For real!): 😂
I've bought, tried, kept & sold so many razors that at some point you've gotta slow down.
And I know I've said this before but I've literally tried a huge portion of everything that's out there with
a few exceptions.
I recently ordered the Yates "New" Winning razor to try it out and I'm waiting for it to arrive whenever
it gets built. That's the only outstanding razor right now!
And I will most likely purchase Blackland's new GEM Sabre whenever it gets released.
Other than that, nothing else out there right now really interests me.
I know I haven't tried every model from every manufacture but I've pretty much tried something from each manufacturer. And thus far I have my favorites and some that I won't buy anything from again.
That's always been the goal: Buy, try, keep and/or sell till I'm down to what I love!
I think I'm there!! :)

Last edited:
I think I'm there!!
Uh-huh. Sure, absolutely, no doubt, I/we believe you totally...well maybe not quite. Glad you said "I think..." That leaves room to renege, backslide, reconsider etc until you run across the "Next" shiny thing. We're all like that. Ima just gonna sit back and wait to see what's next for you...because I think there's still something else just around the corner from "I think I'm there"...for you. Just like it is for all of us.
Have you thought about pens? There's always room for you to be "PENcilled in". BADABOOM! Now appearing semi-daily.
Enjoy, my friend, we're here for a short time...may as well be a good one.
Cheers!

0b950c5688a2e18748ba2199bd43fe65.gif

Uh-huh. Sure, absolutely, no doubt, I/we believe you totally...well maybe not quite. Glad you said "I think..." That leaves room to renege, backslide, reconsider etc until you run across the "Next" shiny thing. We're all like that. Ima just gonna sit back and wait to see what's next for you...because I think there's still something else just around the corner from "I think I'm there"...for you. Just like it is for all of us.
Have you thought about pens? There's always room for you to be "PENcilled in". BADABOOM! Now appearing semi-daily.
Enjoy, my friend, we're here for a short time...may as well be a good one.
Cheers!

View attachment 1836841
No support here I tell you! 🤣

And no I ain't getting into pens. My handwriting stinks (as I posted in your journal).
I'll stick to razors my friend!

No support here I tell you! 🤣

And no I ain't getting into pens. My handwriting stinks (as I posted in your journal).
I'll stick to razors my friend!
As I told Kim @Phoenixkh, a bit back in the vintage April Thread when he said he was done. Famous last worlds. Now he’s on 7 I think.

Give fountain pens a whirl. No way your handwriting is worse than mine. I read doctors handwriting all day long. With practice you’ll get better.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I have a throwback question for you, Larry. How did you get along with the ATT Windsor? The reason I’m asking is I thought about selling mine earlier today as I wasn’t sure it wasn’t too efficient for me with the only base plate available at the time: the SSRH. I shaved a few minutes ago since work was unusually slow. I have to say, I was impressed. I missed my Thursday night shave so almost 5 days of growth came off like butter.

I have a throwback question for you, Larry. How did you get along with the ATT Windsor? The reason I’m asking is I thought about selling mine earlier today as I wasn’t sure it wasn’t too efficient for me with the only base plate available at the time: the SSRH. I shaved a few minutes ago since work was unusually slow. I have to say, I was impressed. I missed my Thursday night shave so almost 5 days of growth came off like butter.
It's gone, LOL!!
Sold it a while ago. I wanted to support ATT when they were closing for retirement and went nuts buying.
I think you did too!
I had the SSRH as well and despite it being a smooth razor, it wasn't as efficient as needed.
It's weird because the specs would indicate otherwise!
And I also found it to be a boring razor to look at!
Probably sounds dumb but I like razors to be aesthetically pleasing too!

So I couldn't wait and just had a shower for a shave with the Saturn.
I had plenty of growth since I got home late last night and didn't shave then.
So about 1.5 days of growth for this shave!
Well my friends, I think this is my unicorn razor.
Fantastic is an understatement!
Loaded a new Personna Lab blue and had my usual 2 pass shave.
Perfect, perfect, perfect in every way!!

I thought the brass Jupiter would be unbeatable but the Saturn beats
it by a smidge. This thing glides even more and shaves smooth as silk.
The head design is a bit different than the Jupiter but they definitely feel
like they're from the same lineage:
Jupiter: 110 grams, blade gap 0.5mm & blade exposure 0.03" & handle length is 100mm.
Saturn: 120 grams, blade gao 0.6mm, blade exposure 0.03" & handle length is 85mm.

I think the slight extra weight and slight blade gap increase is what makes it
even more perfect.
A shave as smooth as it gets (a tad above mild) and excellent efficiency.
Love it!!
The only two negatives I can say is:
1. The very short screw post (I mentioned this before when reviewing the Jupiter)
It's acceptable but it'd be better if it was a bit longer. It's OK if you don't use a washer but
I use a washer on any razor that accepts it. Both Reggie's have a slot for a washer!
2. They need to do a better job with the polishing. They mention that they hand polish these
razors and to expect some machine marks. The final actual polishing seems so so. But It's not really an issue for me because I'll simply hand polish it myself and that'll take me 20 minutes to do! So no big deal!
The Jupiter didn't have this issue though. The polishing on that one was spot on!

The Reggie's shaving soap that I received as an extra:
Excellent stuff!
It's a nice soft soap that performs well and smells fantastic. It's kind of like a barber shop scent with
a very mild added OUD scent. And the scent lingers after the shave which I like.
Very nice indeed!

So folks, this is where I go from here (For real!): 😂
I've bought, tried, kept & sold so many razors that at some point you've gotta slow down.
And I know I've said this before but I've literally tried a huge portion of everything that's out there with
a few exceptions.
I recently ordered the Yates "New" Winning razor to try it out and I'm waiting for it to arrive whenever
it gets built. That's the only outstanding razor right now!
And I will most likely purchase Blackland's new GEM Sabre whenever it gets released.
Other than that, nothing else out there right now really interests me.
I know I haven't tried every model from every manufacture but I've pretty much tried something from each manufacturer. And thus far I have my favorites and some that I won't buy anything from again.
That's always been the goal: Buy, try, keep and/or sell till I'm down to what I love!
I think I'm there!! :)

“We’re from the government and we’re here to help”

“The check is in the mail”

Alcoholic: I can quit anytime I want

(Larry): I’m done buying razors

Sir, I said the same thing a while ago. Granted, I’m not in the same league as you in the razor purchasing department, but I really thought I was done.

Fast forward to me wanting to try another Blackland Vector (or similar AC razor).

Top Bottom