What's new

Love the soap, hate the cream

I started thinking about products I love in soap form but don't really care for in cream form. I Love the smell of Musgo soap, but the cream gives me indigestion. Aos creams are great performers, but I find their scents over the top. Their Tallow-based soap are outstanding, and I regret selling off my AOS unscented pucks a while back. Pens English Fern and Blenheim Bouquet were great soaps, but the BB cream, while amazingly scented, was in my mind only an OK performer. And I'll take a Speik stick over the cream anyday.

The exception here might be GFT creams--they seem to have the slight edge in performance over the soaps. And perhaps it is just a feature of soaps that they tend to perform better overall (tho I know cream purists will disagree on this point).

What say you: Got a product that in cream form you can't stand, but love the soap?

I have noticed this phenomena as well. For me:

- Love D.R. Harris Arlington Soap, hate the cream version
- Love Tabac Soap, hate the cream
- Love Speick shave stick, hate the cream

My experience with BB cream, as well as soap, both old and new, has always been top notch. And, I had no objection to Speick's cream, it was quite nice and herbally.
But, YMMV.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I started thinking about products I love in soap form but don't really care for in cream form. I Love the smell of Musgo soap, but the cream gives me indigestion.

What say you: Got a product that in cream form you can't stand, but love the soap?

I'm glad I came across this post since I was considering ordering some TOBS cream samplers from Maggards in hope's that the smells would be like the soaps, but from what you are saying the samples might not be good for that.

So I would be curious to know what products smell the same between cream and soap form.

What about Cade soap vs cream. I mean, they both smell fantastic, but talk about an awful lather (from the cream of course)
I'll probably will use whatever cream I've got left for super-lather though :)

What about Cade soap vs cream. I mean, they both smell fantastic, but talk about an awful lather (from the cream of course)
I'll probably will use whatever cream I've got left for super-lather though :)

I was never a fan of the Cade soap (the puck which I tried a few years back had little scent and wasn't a great performer) but your thoughts may change... I believe that l'Occitane have had a new formulation of their shaving cream on the shelves for a while

I was never a fan of the Cade soap (the puck which I tried a few years back had little scent and wasn't a great performer) but your thoughts may change... I believe that l'Occitane have had a new formulation of their shaving cream on the shelves for a while

Hmm..I did buy mine around nov/dec '13. Was the reformulation made this year?
I live in Argentina, so maybe I bought old stock anyways... Only one way to find out.
BUY MOOOOOOORE

Top Bottom