What's new

Lord Platinum Class Blades - Review

Purchased LPC blades, I don't see too many reviews on these blades.

I used AOS pre shave oil, Proraso Red Shaving Cream, Fendrihan Black & White Synthetic Brush, EJ89 razor.
First pass wtg,was smooth, but left some visible hairs in most areas.
Second pass, xtg, most hairs gone, still a nice shave no tugging by the blade.
Decided to go with a third pass, atg, the shave felt good. All hairs gone and skin felt total bbs.
I usually have trouble removing hair under chin, with this blade, all hairs gone.
Post shave alum block slight stinging in most areas, nothing too bad, standard for me after 3 passes.
Used Thayers WH and finished with Jack Black ASB. I had one weeper, but nothing major. Skin feels pretty good.

Conclusion, I like these blades alot. They are very sharp, not quite Feather sharp, but sharper than Astra SP. Blade just mowed down hairs, including areas that I have difficulty removing hair like under my chin. I completed three passes including neck, which I usually don't due to skin irritation in neck area, but with LPC, no problem! No tugging, no redness, just a nice smooth shave. I highly recommend. Also, blades are a low cost, about $13/100.

I am curious if anyone else has used these and your experience and comparison with other blades.

Thanks for the review.
I’ve had a tuck of these that I got free with a razor from about a year ago. Eventually I’ll get round to trying them.

I like them too. I was going to get a hundred, but then decided against it until I go through some more of my current inventory of various brands (which may last the rest of my life, but we'll see).

Yes, I like them too. I bought 100 each of the Platinum, SS, and Chrome. I find all of them to be good. Plus, they are a bargain.

I just tried them for the first time a couple weeks ago and I like them a lot. I'm not sure yet if I like them more than my favorite Personna Israeli Reds, but they're now at least my second favorite blade.

I found them to be extremely smooth, while not lacking at all in performance. I definitely prefer the Platinums over the Super Stainless and Super Chrome blades, which both work fine, but are not as smooth.

I used one today, in a Tech. And my oh my. DFS in one pass and some touch ups... so let's say one and a half pass. And really, really smooth. My skin likes these.

The first shave was really impressive. If the blade can keep up the performance for two or three more shaves, I will order 200 or more of these.

I used one today, in a Tech. And my oh my. DFS in one pass and some touch ups... so let's say one and a half pass. And really, really smooth. My skin likes these.

The first shave was really impressive. If the blade can keep up the performance for two or three more shaves, I will order 200 or more of these.
Sounds great! I am really glad to have found these blades as well. Will be curious to see how many shaves everyone gets from one blade. SO far 2 shaves, no difference in quality.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Thanks for the review. I have a couple of packets of these blades that I have not tried yet. I may have to get a blade out and have a go.

Sounds great! I am really glad to have found these blades as well. Will be curious to see how many shaves everyone gets from one blade. SO far 2 shaves, no difference in quality.
I like them alot, they are sharp and smooth shaving blades. I usually get five 3-pass shaves out of one and I have a medium type beard.

Clayton

Sent from my LG-K450 using Tapatalk

My favorite blades. Was using Kai, but I tried the LPC in a sampler and was shocked at how well they performed. I almost didn’t believe it bc of the price and lack of “press” on these things, but after trying even more blades, I came back to these and stayed. YMMV as always, but these are, at the very least, highly underrated.

Tried one this morning in my standard blade test Tech razor. Not a bad blade at all, smooth & sharp enough to do the job. A blade that passes my Tech test is a good one

Just about any blade that comes out of the Lord factory are really good blades. Shark Super Chromes are my go to in any razor I've used to date. Very consistent...

Just about any blade that comes out of the Lord factory are really good blades. Shark Super Chromes are my go to in any razor I've used to date. Very consistent...
I haven't tried Shark yet. Reviews on B&B are all over the place. The prices are ridiculously cheap, so definitely worth a look at the chrome and stainless. Right now I have been buying 5 packs and samplers to determine which blades I like the best before I make build purchase. With so many different blades out there, it will probably take me 2 years before I decide.

I've had good luck with Lord blades, and most blades made by that company (Not Crown). Thanks for the review!
So far I'm the same, except that it is Big Ben's that gave me issues, but I'll have to get back to that one later. The big surprise blade from that factory for me was Asco. 4 great shaves out of one of those blades, and they are low priced as well. I haven't gotten around to the Lord blades yet from the sampler I have, but will... eventually.

I'm a 5-year user of Shark SS using Mühle R41 (daily shaver, switching out blade after 7 days), and a happy camper with these gems. But now that my 300 stash has a year left, I thought I'd try Lord as a potential replacement since I read on here that it's their top brand. The fact that they go to the trouble of double-wrapping each blade AND using a few dots of glue to secure the blade in place would indicate that they take more care than with Shark.
I got 11 days from the first Lord Platinum, and I found the shave to be even closer than Shark. Even better, it was only after 7 shaves that the performance started to drop off, whereas the Sharks tend to start feeling a bit rough after the 4th or 5th day. I've now got the second of my 5-blade trial box loaded and first two shaves have been equally good.
These blades hold great promise. I got the 300 Sharks for $25 from a guy in Turkey who seems no longer to be in business. Anyone got suggestions for where I can get these at a similar great price? If so, please feel free to PM me, or post on here.

Top Bottom