What's new

Looks like I'm going back to the business

I spent 32 years as a Police Officer, and have been retired for just shy of 11 years now. While I was an officer I became interested in hypnosis and hypnotherapy. I studied the field and went to school to learn the practice. I became certified in both basic and advanced clinical hypnotherapy, as well as courses and study in forensic hypnosis as its applied to law enforcement. I also owned and operated a private practice of hypnotherapy for over 20 years. After my retirement from police work, I continued to run the practice for another 5 years. The practice was doing very well, but someone came along and made me a really nice offer to sell the practice. I took the offer, sold the practice, and just left the field. It seemed right at the time, and I didn't have to worry about all the details involved in running and keeping the practice going. I worked at several other jobs, and for the last couple of years I've been working as a behind the wheel driving instructor. Its not a bad job, and it gives me something to do. I can work my own hours, so it fits well with being retired and keeps me in walking around money. Nothing however has come close to the income I was making as a hypnotherapist.
Anyway I received a call today from a gal I know who runs a very successful day spa business in my area. Its a really well known spa that offers quite a few services, beauty and hair service, as well as massage, acupuncture and other body treatments. She said that she would like to expand her spa, and will be adding another acupuncturist. She wants to speak with me about also adding hypnotherapy to her list of services. This sounds like a good fit for me, and I'll be speaking with her about this next week. When I had my own practice it was very successful, and I found the work rewarding. I'm looking forward to talking with her, and if it looks good and will fit into my retired way of working, which I'm sure it will, I'll get back into a practice which I really did enjoy. We'll see what happens next week.

Sounds like an amazing opportunity! I can't imagine the hours would be too bad, and if you ever get stressed out, there is a massage therapist on hand.... Congrats, and Good Luck Sir!

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member

Well ... good luck, and enjoy.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats! It will be good to be able to stay relaxed while helping others relax and do what you love! plus a little money on the side for doing that never hurts, am I right? lol :tongue_sm

Top Bottom