What's new

Looking to add a 4/8 to my collection...recommendations?

Hmmm If I tell you I would see caps lock going on and you screaming at me:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
But a C.V.H MK 29 OR 30, 29 is just under and 30 just over or the shark with dentures tuna lol. Or you should have bought that razor with the mother of pearl scales that i got and you was looking at just saying......

Hmmm If I tell you I would see caps lock going on and you screaming at me:001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2::001_tt2:
But a C.V.H MK 29 OR 30, 29 is just under and 30 just over or the shark with dentures tuna lol. Or you should have bought that razor with the mother of pearl scales that i got and you was looking at just saying......
Dont rub it in Ian....lol. :001_tt2::001_tt2::001_005:

C.V MK 30!!!!!

proxy.php

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Lots of vintage blades out in the wild that are 4/8 now but may have begun life as 5/8, or not. Revisor lists quite a few 4/8 blades.

What is time, to a razor? There are lots of them in regular use that are over 150 years old.
Heh, true. That's precisely why I was curious about that. Was wondering if people mean "few years" or "few decades", esp. with a straight razor it can really be either. (I've heard people say that the disadvantage of thinner blades like 4/8 or 3/8 is "shorter life")

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
I'll put it this way. Takes a good bit of honing to remove 1/8" from a blade. But some users/honers have a pretty heavy hand. Some own a single razor. Some have a large rotation and dozens of backups. Could be 15 years, could be 80. Even more. Maybe less. Worst case, who knows? 5 years? That would not be normal or average.

Scored a 4/8 tennis recently. OK shave. This weekend I was sceptical of my new 4/8 le grelot . Great shave though. And then there's the cvh soderfors or #2. If you can get a jr Torrey I think you'd be pleased. That's if you would consider buying used. Good luck

Here's the only 4/8 that I have. I must confess its been a looonng time since I shaved with it, but its a great shaver.

10010001_zpsaaccbdae.jpg

I have this CVH No.16 that has some hone wear, user grade condition, and it might be a tad larger that 4/8, but it's yours for free if you want it.

20180314_171847.jpg

Top Bottom