What's new

Looking for ac style razor

Hi all wanting to try/ get one of the AC type(feather clone) shavette razors but only ones I have seen are to expensive anyone know where I could get one for inexpensive? I don't want to spend a lot in case I don't like it.... Thanks.

Hi Sir!!!

Welcome If I was you I would go down the vintage route, it would way cheaper as you can get a cheap vintage razor or 2 have them honed and try.
As you then would get a proper try as they are more forgiving than a shavette... That's just my view I dont know if Larry at whipped dog is still doing the sight unseen razors, might be worth a try to mail him.....

Hi Sir!!!

Welcome If I was you I would go down the vintage route, it would way cheaper as you can get a cheap vintage razor or 2 have them honed and try.
As you then would get a proper try as they are more forgiving than a shavette... That's just my view I dont know if Larry at whipped dog is still doing the sight unseen razors, might be worth a try to mail him.....

There is also a guy on Etsy that has basically a sight unseen set. For decent price for what you get.

Hi all wanting to try/ get one of the AC type(feather clone) shavette razors but only ones I have seen are to expensive anyone know where I could get one for inexpensive? I don't want to spend a lot in case I don't like it.... Thanks.

The ones on Amazon are $59 and the blades around $9.

I’d keep an eye on the BST. They pop up from time to time.

I was also hesitant to purchase my Feather SS folding without having a way to try it first, but now, as much as I’ve used it, I’d accept no substitute.

Hi, I bought one of these, incredibly cheap and actually very well made. It comes with a free blade. I haven't yet used either, still focused on mastering my Feather DX, but reports are very favourable.

£6.79 39%OFF | 6"univinlions silver gold razor shaving razor barber tools hair razor blades shaving knife beard face underarm body anti slip
£6.79 39%OFF | 6"univinlions silver gold razor shaving razor barber tools hair razor blades shaving knife beard face underarm body anti slip

The silver finish looks better to my eyes than the gold. The folding variations look very attractive too but are more expensive. If you dig around Aliexpress you will find a selection.

You can have a Feather AC SS on Amazon for around $55. A CJB is even cheaper being around $40. I understand there is another that sells for around $15.

You can have a Feather AC SS on Amazon for around $55. A CJB is even cheaper being around $40. I understand there is another that sells for around $15.
yes i want a folding feather clone since the clone will cost less and if i like it i will buy a authentic later.

Folding clone here, complete with a box of 10 blades for £9.80. Looks good, check out the reviews

£9.80 36%OFF | Manual Straight Razor with Razor Blade Folding Machine for Shaving Barber Razor Eyebrow Beard Face Hair Remover Cutter Shaving
£9.80 36%OFF | Manual Straight Razor with Razor Blade Folding Machine for Shaving Barber Razor Eyebrow Beard Face Hair Remover Cutter Shaving

I can't understand this pricing, 10 Feather AC blades alone would cost this much. On checking my drawer, I actually have the non folding razor but with wooden scales. Seems perfectly fine to me. The pivot pin is very free, maybe it is supposed to be? The one in Aliexpress seems to have an adjustable pivot which might be better.

Folding clone here, complete with a box of 10 blades for £9.80. Looks good, check out the reviews

I can't understand this pricing, 10 Feather AC blades alone would cost this much. On checking my drawer, I actually have the non folding razor but with wooden scales. Seems perfectly fine to me. The pivot pin is very free, maybe it is supposed to be? The one in Aliexpress seems to have an adjustable pivot which might be better.
They Don't ship to USA so its good for someone outside the USA but not for us.

I just want to get a folding feather or Kai clone but haven't been able to find anything and it has to ship to the United States!

And also Thanks anyway

Top Bottom