What's new

Looking for a Simpson Best Badger Face Lathering Brush

I am looking to get a new brush for face lathering in Simpson Best Badger. I currently have a Persian Jar 2 in Super but want to try Best Badger. On the short list right now are:

Duke 2 Best
Classic 2 Best
Commodore X2 Best

Do you have any recommendations from the above or a new idea?

Thanks,
Dennis

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I've a Duke 2, and the Colonel 2XL in Best, both have pretty dense Best knots that work well. The main difference is in handle height, I have never tried the Classic or Commodore models. For me, given you have the PJ I'd opt for a shorter handle for face lathering, such as the Duke or the Classic.

Gentlemen, thanks for your suggestions.

Just to stir up the pot some more, what about the Simpson 56 or 57 brushes in Best?

FYI: I ordered a Simpson 57 in Best badger. I will endeavor to report on its performance in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

Since you are looking for a strictly face lathering brush, the Duke is the most versatile of the ones you mentioned. The Classic 2 is very similar to the Chubby 1 which is also a good choice. You just cannot go wrong with any of them.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I found the Berkeley 46 to be a wonderful brush. Are you looking for new or is used also in the game?

FYI: I ordered a Simpson 57 in Best badger. I will endeavor to report on its performance in a couple of weeks.

Cheers.

Great choice!! :a29:

There are no losers on the list of brushes you were considering IMHO!!

Top Bottom