What's new

Lookin for mild to mildly aggressive razors

I own 3 new razors that I consider to be mild to mildly aggressive.They are the Edwin Jagger DE89LBL: Merkur 42C (1904 reproduction); and the Merkur 34C H.D. I like all 3 very much and would like your opinion

on other razors, (THEY MUST BE NEW) that are similar in there cutting abilities as the 3 that I own.You can include a Edwin Jagger DE89, but with a different handle. PLEASE. no aggressive razors.Thanks guys.

You've pretty much covered the spectrum of new razors with those 3 unless you want to get into the higher end ones in that case you can take a look at

Feather AS-D1 (or the newer D2 when it is released)
PILS 101
Tradere safety bar version

I like razors on the milder edge of the spectrum in addition to the EJDE89 Barley my favorites are Gillette SuperSpeed 40s, Gillette 40s Tech and Lord L6. No the Gillettes are not new, but the specimens I have are pretty darn mint-so they can be found. The Merkur Classic 1904 is pretty mild as well.

Last edited:
Get a vintage Gillette adjustable and you have 9 different settings. My current favorite is the long handle super aka the black beauty. Just noticed you say they must be new, but gillettes are too good to be ignored. IMO.

Last edited:
I like razors on the milder edge of the spectrum in addition to the EJDE89 Barley my favorites are Gillette SuperSpeed 40s, Gillette 40s Tech and Lord L6. No the Gillettes are not new, but the specimens I have are pretty darn mint-so they can be found. The Merkur Classic 1904 is pretty mild as well.

Like I said I have the classic 1904 which is the Merkur 42C. I will check out the barley. I already own a couple Gillette S.S. 40's and 40's tech.

Get a vintage Gillette adjustable and you have 9 different settings. My current favorite is the long handle super aka the black beauty. Just noticed you say they must be new, but gillettes are too good to be ignored. IMO.

The reason I said NEW is because among the razors that I own are 3 vintage Gillette adjustables, a FATBOY, a SLIM and a Black Beauty (long handle).

+1, Weber is a mild razor that gives a littler nicer/closer shave than my EJ DE89.

Love the handle I have for my DE89, really made it a great shaver (Ikon Bulldog II).

You've pretty much covered the spectrum of new razors with those 3 unless you want to get into the higher end ones in that case you can take a look at

Feather AS-D1 (or the newer D2 when it is released)
PILS 101
Tradere safety bar version

Top Bottom