What's new

Long term listener, first time caller

Why hello everyone! I've been using disposable blade straight razors (the cheapest feathering razor available from Sally's Beauty Supply, with guard removed) for... at least 9 years? I've had the same 100g of Crabtree & Evelyn shaving soap since long before. I had thinking of picking up Proraso once I finished this one, so in about 25 years I'll give it a try.

I may have been on the internet since 1995, but only just let myself actually buy something off eBay. Of course, the first blade I bought, a Genco Henry's XX, has been repaired far beyond what I'd hoped. It's usable, but hardly in a state I intend to keep it for my long term blade.

So I'm here to learn more about what I want to buy, and perhaps learn a bit about blade restoration.

Why hello everyone! I've been using disposable blade straight razors (the cheapest feathering razor available from Sally's Beauty Supply, with guard removed) for... at least 9 years? I've had the same 100g of Crabtree & Evelyn shaving soap since long before. I had thinking of picking up Proraso once I finished this one, so in about 25 years I'll give it a try.

I may have been on the internet since 1995, but only just let myself actually buy something off eBay. Of course, the first blade I bought, a Genco Henry's XX, has been repaired far beyond what I'd hoped. It's usable, but hardly in a state I intend to keep it for my long term blade.

So I'm here to learn more about what I want to buy, and perhaps learn a bit about blade restoration.

I look forwards to reading your posts... I have used 1 razor for a number years too... though a DE not SR... going to give AC SR a go soon.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
Welcome to the forum from Australia Joseph and thanks for checking in with us.

Top Bottom