What's new

Long handled Super Adjustable on its way

Although my wife doesn't know it yet, I bid on and won a long handled Super Adjustable today. I let her try my Fatboy yesterday on setting 3 and she liked the mild shave for her legs. With the SA, she can select the appropriate level. The Parker 29L that she has is a good razor, but she found it tough around the ankles, where a low setting on the Fatboy was much better. I plan on a soak in Barbicide, also ordered today, and a good cleaning when it arrives. No real question, just wanted to share.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Thanks folks. I am cheap when it comes to getting things for myself, but don't mind spending a bit for the lady who puts up with me.

Just remember to mix the barbacide appropriately and don't soak for more than 20 minutes at a time, and rinse when you remove it from the barbacide

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Just remember to mix the barbacide appropriately and don't soak for more than 20 minutes at a time, and rinse when you remove it from the barbacide

Thanks for the tip. I haven't used Barbicide before, so I will certainly read the label carefully. I wasn't able to find anything but concentrate, but the bottle should last for a long time.

Yeah. The concentrate is how it's sold. I've seen 500x more people misuse it than I've seen people use it properly. Mix it exactly as it says on the direction. A 10 minute soak in that dilution is all that's needed to kill any and all germs. But after 20 minutes it will do irreversible damage. There's plenty of vids on utube just to make sure. I always check youtube videos out to make sure I'm doing something right. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Great, congrats - she'll love it. I do love my short handle but as others stated she might really like the longer handle. I'm trying to convince my wife to try DE for her legs too, she is not willing yet :)

Cheers,
Peter

Great, congrats - she'll love it. I do love my short handle but as others stated she might really like the longer handle. I'm trying to convince my wife to try DE for her legs too, she is not willing yet :)

Cheers,
Peter
Yet, being the key word ... grin.

The SA arrived today. It was in better than expected condition. I polished it, soaked in Barbicide according to the directions, put in a Volkhod blade, and gave it to my wife. She was surprised and quite happy with it.

Here is a short follow-up, for any ladies who may consider this razor or anyone looking to purchase one for their Lady. My wife used it this morning and found it to be very comfortable on setting three for legs. She will probably bump it up to 5 for underarms. She likes having the long handle and liked the weight and balance better than my Fatboy (good thing too, as that is staying with me - grin). I think this is a great razor to get a lady into using a DE and perhaps the last she will need.

Nice, Glad she is enjoying it. I'm not usually a fan of long handles, but I've used a '79 with the plastic adjuster plate a few times recently. I have to admit it balances very well and feels much better in the hand than I thought it would. If my wife ever shows interest in using one, it's the one I will start her on.

Nice, Glad she is enjoying it. I'm not usually a fan of long handles, but I've used a '79 with the plastic adjuster plate a few times recently. I have to admit it balances very well and feels much better in the hand than I thought it would. If my wife ever shows interest in using one, it's the one I will start her on.
I like shorter handles myself. But I don't shave my legs - grin.

Nice score on the long handled Super Adjustable! Those are gorgeous razors!

I polished it, soaked in Barbicide according to the directions
I've got a couple of vintage razors that I ran through the dishwasher to sanitize them. I cleaned with antibacterial soap and a toothbrush, then the dishwasher. However, after doing some online research, I bought some Barbicide and will be using it from now on.

I think, perhaps, it might even be a good idea to use it on NEW safety razors too.

Anyone do this?

Top Bottom