What's new

Logger Boots

Time for some new logger boots. Not for dressy occasions but rather for abuse in the woods and on the Harley..among other applications.
My old Georgia Boot specimens are pretty worn and I thought I’d pick up some high-zoot models.
Daytons are great but the shipping from Canada is no bueno. Thinking about White’s or Nick’s. Anything else out there?

Absolutely love my Frank's. They worked at Nick's. Don't think any of them can be wrong.
IMG_20201104_185730537.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not a logger and don't have any logger boots, but I do ride a Harley and run a chainsaw. In colder weather, I wear Danner Acadia boots.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Time for some new logger boots. Not for dressy occasions but rather for abuse in the woods and on the Harley..among other applications.
My old Georgia Boot specimens are pretty worn and I thought I’d pick up some high-zoot models.
Daytons are great but the shipping from Canada is no bueno. Thinking about White’s or Nick’s. Anything else out there?
If you decide to buy Canadian I'd take Viberg over Dayton for loggers.

ylekot

On the lookout for a purse
My fire boots were always Thorogood. They were great boots. Don't know if that relates to loggers or not but thought I'd share.

Sierra Trading Post often has closeout and 2nds by Chippewa/Red Wing and others. Often Made in the USA stuff. I am not a logger. They have boots labeled as both logger boots and work boots which seem very similar that I am sure would work for your application if you were otherwise happy.

I acknowledge while these may be a step up from your GA boots, they are not Franks/Nicks/Viberg quality. There are also sub 129 USD.

/

Old Hippie

Somewhere between 61 and dead
Canada West works, and works hard. I've been through a few pairs.

They may not be made any more, but there used to be a Canadian maker Pierre Paris -- I have a much cherished pair of those that has been retired from hard work and gets worn occasionally. I keep 'em around for the memories, just like my old Corcorans.

O.H.

I have a pair of White’s and a pair of Wesco Job Masters. White’s are solid, but I’d go with Wesco Boots every time.

03E5C90B-69C3-4899-9A06-5C2A623CFC10.jpeg

Took a lot of research but finally decided on a pair of White’s Smoke Chasers. Essentially the same boot as the Smoke Jumper but with a lower arch and one piece sole. Hope they last like my Red Wings have over the years.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
I have several pairs of White's semi dress. When it came to loggers, i went with Nick's. I really like their fit and finish.

Nicks makes a nice boot for sure. For my purposes the Smoke Chaser’s flatter arch and ready availability were the tie breakers.

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Nicks makes a nice boot for sure. For my purposes the Smoke Chaser’s flatter arch and ready availability were the tie breakers.

Yeah, if you wanted the flatter arch, you made the right pick. Although, once you get use to the high arches, they are nice to wear.

I have owned a couple pair of Chippewa logger boots. I used to work climbing in and out of railroad vehicles and the strength of the upper, the steel toe, and steel shank made for a very ridged boot. The very distinct heel is also very nice for grabbing hold of ladder rungs (especially on rail cars). I would not own any other pair if I still worked in that capacity. They also seem to be about 20 lbs each (especially at the end of the day) and some sort of cushioned insole is a must.

Top Bottom