What's new

Liquorice Scented Soaps and Creams

Stirling Obsidian is a licorice and menthol bomb. Fantastic. I believe they've said they won't be making it again in 2021 so now might be a time to grab some (or at least a sample) until 2022 or later.

I also like Murphy and McNeil Green Man. It's a fougere with a definite, if still subtle, anise presence.

As a dutchie I would never ever say anise is licorice (first is a seed, second a root FYI)
licorice can have anise flavor. But the black salty stuff we swallow is low in anise and usual salmiak and or salt punch.
love stirling anise menthol soaps and splash though! Highly recommended.
No problem smelling like a anise drugs lab.
Actually happy they do not use zoethout/licorice in soap the glyzherrine acid can push your blood pressure. And I would start to have a salivating effect if I open that jar 😝

Last edited:
I got a tub of Sterling Glacial Obsidian. Normally I’m not real big on strong mentholated scents, but it’s been pushing 100°F for the last week and a half and I don’t have AC.
Love the liquorice scent and the menthol is so cold it makes my eyes water. Just what I needed. Keeps my face cool for a while too. After I finished shaving I ordered the Glacial Obsidian aftershave splash to help keep me cool.

I got a tub of Sterling Glacial Obsidian. Normally I’m not real big on strong mentholated scents, but it’s been pushing 100°F for the last week and a half and I don’t have AC.
Love the liquorice scent and the menthol is so cold it makes my eyes water. Just what I needed. Keeps my face cool for a while too. After I finished shaving I ordered the Glacial Obsidian aftershave splash to help keep me cool.

Thanks for mentioning this soap. It's now on the list. 🤞

Stirling also did a black ice soap which is anise scented and the menthol was not as strong as obsidian. From what I can gather it was a limited release. There was rumours they world do a run this year, but I'm unsure if they did or if it's available. Fortunately I still have the best part of 2/3 from a tub I picked up in 2018.

I have to reduce my stockpile of soap before I buy more, but I do like an anise scent.

Stirling also did a black ice soap which is anise scented and the menthol was not as strong as obsidian. From what I can gather it was a limited release. There was rumours they world do a run this year, but I'm unsure if they did or if it's available. Fortunately I still have the best part of 2/3 from a tub I picked up in 2018.

I have to reduce my stockpile of soap before I buy more, but I do like an anise scent.
I can recommend both soaps they are very nice, stirling also makes a non alcohol black ice witch hazel

Top Bottom