What's new

Lilac Vegetal scent association, now I know what it reminds me of!!!

Feeling brave and adventurous today I splashed on a bit of the Veg after my shower. As the scent wafted up into my nostrils from the open bottle, I had an epiphany as I realized why the smell was familiar to me. I had not placed it before but it hit me like a ton of bricks! It smelled like RAID insecticide!!!

Anyone else make this association?:laugh:

I think you guys are working for Pinaud (a reverse psychology thing).
Ive never tried it , but seeing all these funny negitive threads on the "veg" makes me want to try it -to see if it is really that bad.

I think you guys are working for Pinaud (a reverse psychology thing).
Ive never tried it , but seeing all these funny negitive threads on the "veg" makes me want to try it -to see if it is really that bad.

Oh, make no mistake, it is that bad.

As Phil will say as soon as he reads this Legends say the Veg will magnify your true essence...on some, it smells like cannon smoke and raw courage, on others, like an involuntary bodily reaction caused by the sudden unexpected appearance of cannon smoke and raw courage. -- Topgumby

Their trick has worked for me. I want to get some just to see. You know what is going to happen when they tell you to pull their finger. Yet, somehow, you are compelled to do so anyhow.

As Phil will say as soon as he reads this Legends say the Veg will magnify your true essence...on some, it smells like cannon smoke and raw courage, on others, like an involuntary bodily reaction caused by the sudden unexpected appearance of cannon smoke and raw courage. -- Topgumby

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Ok, so I have not tried Lilac Vegetal, but I've read many posts about how bad the stuff stinks. What I'm trying to figure out is why the people who say this stuff smells so bad keep splashing it on? Either it just works great? or it's a nostalgic old time barber shop thing? or their wives just keep buying it for them to help try to keep other ladies away?

Ok, so I have not tried Lilac Vegetal, but I've read many posts about how bad the stuff stinks. What I'm trying to figure out is why the people who say this stuff smells so bad keep splashing it on? Either it just works great? or it's a nostalgic old time barber shop thing? or their wives just keep buying it for them to help try to keep other ladies away?

It's the call of the wild.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Feeling brave and adventurous today I splashed on a bit of the Veg after my shower. As the scent wafted up into my nostrils from the open bottle, I had an epiphany as I realized why the smell was familiar to me. I had not placed it before but it hit me like a ton of bricks! It smelled like RAID insecticide!!!

Anyone else make this association?:laugh:

Oh hell. I like the Veg but you may well have a point there. I'll leave it up to you to slap the Raid on your face to continue the analysis of the similarities

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Ahhh, but that's the thing you see..
It doesn't smell bad to all people.

To a select few, who seemingly can't get past the "just out of the bottle smell" it is hideous and to be avoided at all cost.

To those that are chosen, and have the proper body chemistry - it is a delight to wear.

The earthy tones, the powdery lilac, it is indeed a wondrous and powerful scent.

Try it for yourself.
Don't let others make up your mind for you.
You may indeed be one of those not selected by the Veg, and be cursed to walk the earth a hollow empty chalice.

But - perhaps,

Just perhaps -

You may be chosen.

In which case, you will stride purposefully out into the world, proclaiming rightly the wonder and awe that is Lilac Vegetal.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQv0tFJltQI[/YOUTUBE]

Hey Blake - Pull my finger :w00t:

No really. It is very nice.

Many try to compare the Veg to this or that.

Soon they realize it's beyond compare.

I spend a lot of time trying to hear one complaint about the Veg that has merit.

proxy.php

I have found none so far.

I got a bottle of Veg today. My wife likes the scent right out of the bottle. I did a sample on my hand and it smells good. Powdery, slightly herb scent. And the bottle looks nice, plastic but still looks cool.

So some have asked (in this thread no less) why I still splash it on yet I complain about the scent. Because, as Phil and Top have said again and again, you can't judge the Veg by the smell out of the bottle. Call me naive, call me stupid, call me whatever, but I believe them when they say you have let it mingle with your own personal essence. The smell of the Veg on human flesh is different from the smell neat and in its majestic plastic bottle.

And so I splash and splash, like boats against the current, until one fine day the flowers stop wilting, the cat stops wailing, and the Morpheus-like voice emanates from the heavens saying "You are the one, Neo, the Veg has chosen you".

...or maybe I'll just PIF it.:001_rolle

So some have asked (in this thread no less) why I still splash it on yet I complain about the scent. Because, as Phil and Top have said again and again, you can't judge the Veg by the smell out of the bottle. Call me naive, call me stupid, call me whatever, but I believe them when they say you have let it mingle with your own personal essence. The smell of the Veg on human flesh is different from the smell neat and in its majestic plastic bottle.

And so I splash and splash, like boats against the current, until one fine day the flowers stop wilting, the cat stops wailing, and the Morpheus-like voice emanates from the heavens saying "You are the one, Neo, the Veg has chosen you".

...or maybe I'll just PIF it.:001_rolle

You naive, stupid twit.

Oh, come on, you knew that was coming. :001_rolle

Top Bottom