What's new

Light Scent/Scent Free Shave Soap (newbie question)

Hello everyone. I am here to learn and put together an essential DE shave system on a tight budget. The goal is a quality shave and not so much a hobby. Can you suggest some bargain shave soaps that have little or no scent? I have migraine and this modern world of extreme scent bath soaps, body wash, shampoo, etc can sometimes start a headache. Right now I am using Bic disposable razor and Barbisol from Dollar General.I would also like some sort of after shave that is also vety light. Gillette use to sell a gel in a hard plastic tube that I liked. It had a very light scent.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forums.

Haslinger is a quality soap with a mild scent, as is Pre de Provence Bergamot and Thyme. Both are reasonably priced.
RazoRock What the Puck is an amazing bargain. It is currently on sale at Groomatorium for $3,99/100 grams. The Lime is quite mildly scented.

All three of these are hard soaps, so will last a long time.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Welcome!
Yesterday I shaved with what is probably my mildest scented set up: new Williams Puck soap rubbed directly on my incredibly handsome face (like you would with a shave stick, to a well prepared, very damp face, and then use a damp brush to face lather) and it hardly has any smell, much milder to my nose than Ivory soap.
Make yourself at home here; jump into any conversation that tickles your fancy.

Welcome!
Yesterday I shaved with what is probably my mildest scented set up: new Williams Puck soap rubbed directly on my incredibly handsome face (like you would with a shave stick, to a well prepared, very damp face, and then use a damp brush to face lather) and it hardly has any smell, much milder to my nose than Ivory soap.
Make yourself at home here; jump into any conversation that tickles your fancy.
I was curious about Williams. It seems to be an old standard and people love it or despise it. I will also look into What The Puck. Where is a good place to look for Williams? Amazon? Does a shave supplier have it….thus support a small business.

FarmerTan

I was curious about Williams. It seems to be an old standard and people love it or despise it. I will also look into What The Puck. Where is a good place to look for Williams? Amazon? Does a shave supplier have it….thus support a small business.
I actually bought my Williams at a grocery store one town over about 2 years ago. Have not seen it since though, anywhere in person.

Amazon has it, and eBay, everyday for around 2 bucks. Cheaper by the dozen, obviously, lol.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Stirling Naked and Smooth and Stirling Unscented with Beeswax are both as close to unscented as I’ve ever used. The Stirling Unscented with Beeswax smells faintly of crayons. Col Conk had an unscented soap that I hope they return to production.

There’s bunches more — from softer soaps with a stunning variety of ingredients to simpler formulas to hard soaps costing slightly the same as an arm and a leg — but I haven’t tried them

Last edited:
My understanding is that Williams can be had at most pharmacies across the country. But, if you have a Walgreens close by. Then you could——

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/williams-mug-shaving-soap/ID=prod6143465-product

And then scroll down to the shipping section that looks like this.

Shipping Specifications
This product can be shipped to a Walgreens store for FREE
This product has no shipping restrictions.

Hope this helps.

If Williams is not right for you let me know. I know of a super cheap easily obtainable option. Great performance and very low scent.

Some Mom & Pop drug stores or grocery stores will carry it.
It can be ordered on-line from Walgreen's. (free ship to store, or free delivery with $35+)
I usually pick it up at the commissary in the VA hospital.

FarmerTan

Some Mom & Pop drug stores or grocery stores will carry it.
It can be ordered on-line from Walgreen's. (free ship to store, or free delivery with $35+)
I usually pick it up at the commissary in the VA hospital.
One of the VERY few benefits of your service, my friend. Thank you!

Thank you everyone for the help. I live in the sticks. My closest RX joint is CVS. I will give it a shot. Wally’s World does not carry it nor does our only grocery store Food Lion. You folks are wonderful, thank you.

Take the fallowing two soaps and carve them up into small bits. I use a pocket knife but some use a cheese grader. Mix them up 50 50. Then poor them in to a coffee mug. Add a small amount of water and press that down smooth with your thumb. The cheapest place that I have found is the dollar tree.

hope this is helpful.

46A082D9-212F-4D7D-868F-F954BF16AF8E.jpeg

5FF67E4A-C8DA-430E-8DCB-A9C2815E6A9D.jpeg

Take the fallowing two soaps and carve them up into small bits. I use a pocket knife but some use a cheese grader. Mix them up 50 50. Then poor them in to a coffee mug. Add a small amount of water and press that down smooth with your thumb. The cheapest place that I have found is the dollar tree.

hope this is helpful.

View attachment 1295383
View attachment 1295384
There is a $1Tree as well. I forgot about them. This is an interesting idea. I like it. I have nit seen either of these soaps so I will look for them.

To me Williams smells like Ivory bath soap....very mild scent. This soap works well and is super inexpensive. Sometimes you can even find it in local stores.

Top Bottom