What's new

Let's see those knives!

my grandfather's knife collection:
proxy.php

Yeah I love looking through his knives. This is a coffee table that he put a bottom on to make a display case. I took the glass off to get a better pic. He's got more knives, this is just what fits in the display case.

My current B&B-induced "OMG I MUST BUY ONE NOW" item is a USMC Kabar fighting knife. Have no use for one but they're just such attractive knives with so much history.

Legion

Staff member
My current B&B-induced "OMG I MUST BUY ONE NOW" item is a USMC Kabar fighting knife. Have no use for one but they're just such attractive knives with so much history.

I have one. They make great camp/bush knives. I've used them hunting, and they are good if you are using the knife for dispatching the animal, but bloody hopeless for skinning and dressing the carcase.

Just got myself an Opinel #5 and I LOVE these knives. Paper thin carbon steel blades that take a razor edge extremely easily, it's just the knife I was looking for for cutting fruit, cheese etc on the go

I am a hunter. These are a few of my favorite hunting knives with a pocket knife thrown in.

Custom Bill Middlebrook's:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Custom Dozier Skinner:

proxy.php

Original Black Jack:

proxy.php

Moore Maker Pocket Knife:

proxy.php

I have been carrying around this Smith & Wesson M & P 5 knife the last few weeks.

proxy.php

Attachments

• $smith_wesson_mp5_opening_knife_1288133_1_og.jpg
    $smith_wesson_mp5_opening_knife_1288133_1_og.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 181
+1

If you like knives, an Opinel must find its way into your collection. Very unassuming but such an ingenious design.

Agreed! I have two Opinels. A 6 in my pocket, and an 8 in my laptop bag. Really useful and inexpensive knives!

I also have a Swiss Victorinox Soldier ... and I am waiting for two Chinese knives (as if I needed more lol)

This is my newest #6 (a carbon steel blade this time), with a fresh protective patina (combination of eating an apple, and a soak in vinegar ... not at the same time lol). It will even out over time.

My small collection - nothing particularly fancy...

$IMG_1238.jpg

These are just the ones I care about keeping track of. I didn't include a few little freebie throwaways that I keep in desk drawers for opening mail or scraping gunk off of my workbench.

Top Bottom