What's new

Leaf Razor vs Twig Razor by Leaf Shave

Leaf Razor vs Twig Razor by Leaf Shave

• Total voters
Seems I'm going round in circles. . . .Now i don't know what box to tick on the order form. Comments plz.
No one's experience will match your own. You have done your research and are making an informed decision made with much thoughtful deliberation. The only thing left is for you to experience one or both. If you get both and prefer one, you can sell the other.

The only other advice I can offer from my experiences is whichever one you decide on, try to temper your expectations when you use it for the first time. If you are expecting perfection from the first stroke, you will be disappointed and discouraged. You will have to give it a few shaves to get used to it and get the best performance.

Newbie to safety razors. Seeking a razor for head shaves. Seems I'm going round in circles. Research comes up with LEAF as the easiest head-shave. No blood & little skill or concentration needed. But not cheap. Several threads espousing the LEAF are often swamped with declarations that the TWIG is the preferred goto for head-shaving for many rather than the LEAF.
Now i don't know what box to tick on the order form. Comments plz.
Honest opinion grab both if you can,
Looking back that's what I would've done

I did get the leaf before the twig 🤷

had a brilliant shave with the leaf and twig combo,
the rubies really suit the leaf and twig very well imho YMMV

hey so thought I'd use the leaf today and thought I'd try a blade which I rate more on the lower side of the scales when it comes to blades and that the green derby extra, I do find it to be on the mild side but smooth...

anyways had a brilliant fast head shave it and i really enjoyed it

only thing I'd say is the leaf will no doubt bite as I forgot I had one or two spots and got caught out there lol

I am genuinely convinced that the leaf will perform well with any blade thrown at it even if you think the blade is a solid performer or rubbish imho

Also I think the leaf grows on you over time, where as the twig is a bit more of an instant impact type of razor

Newbie to safety razors. Seeking a razor for head shaves. Seems I'm going round in circles. Research comes up with LEAF as the easiest head-shave. No blood & little skill or concentration needed. But not cheap. Several threads espousing the LEAF are often swamped with declarations that the TWIG is the preferred goto for head-shaving for many rather than the LEAF.
Now i don't know what box to tick on the order form. Comments plz.
Try the omnishaver.

Reactions: saj
so had 7 days worth of growth approximately a brilliant head shave with the leaf and twig combo and derby extra green on the second use,
mostly using the leaf and twig for touch ups and side burns etc

i was watching a vid of a youtuber using the twig and he mentioned there was an initial plastic that was given to customers,
is this true? if so, was it like some prototype to test it out or was it the finished product just in plastic finish?

so had a head shave with the leaf, not 100% sure but off the top of my head im pretty sure its the first time i loaded it with three feather blades,
roughly 3/4 days worth of growth and this leaf and feather combo just munched it away with ease

honestly im glad i persisted with this razor as at first i wasnt sure about it,
it really does grown on you and get better with every shave,
i now can finally see why a lot of head shavers prefer this,
its also a very quick shave especially with the feather blades loaded too

i think the feathers in the leaf is a sweet combo

i was wondering which blades do you guys like to use in your leaf and twig razors?

so had a head shave today with the leaf and twig combo on the second use of the feather blades and what an awesome shave, honestly I got a Rockwell 6S recently and only used it twice but last few shaves I keep going for the leaf shave as the shaves are becoming better, easier and quicker too

Ive read and heard that feathers perform better on second plus shave onwards, I think that could may well could be some truth to that 🤷

I ordered a Twig Thorn at the beginning of Novemeber, it's still on its way and probably will reach me in a couple of weeks at best. It's in mercury colour, I find that particular option to be the coolest looking:cool: Regardless of the colour it's a very interstinfg razor.

Aloha,

You have to get both. I love the Leaf razor but, you need the Twig to get under the nose.

Plus I have a seriously bad RAD.

Mahalo,

Any confirmation for sure?

Not actually used the blades that came with my leaf or twig razors

No confirmation. But are there any other blade manufacturers in Egypt besides Lord?

My wife has used the Leaf branded blades in her Twig and says they seem similar to an Astra SP.

No confirmation. But are there any other blade manufacturers in Egypt besides Lord?

My wife has used the Leaf branded blades in her Twig and says they seem similar to an Astra SP.
Anymore confirmation since this post whether it's defo lord from Egypt?

I believe Egypt, but regardless, they are pretty darn good blades. I use the Thorn to do a little “touch up” on occasion.
If I am in an extreme hurry and need a quick shave with limited time and product I will snap off a feather or Nacet and proceed with a very acceptable shave.

I voted Leaf, but have never used a Twig.

Got the Leaf for head shaves to get off carts and use a Hawk V2 and Feather Pro Guard for clean up. It has worked very well, but the Leaf is not an auto-pilot razor. I have nicked myself after getting complacent, though infrequently.

Top Bottom