What's new

Should I get a Twig?

Well, the Leaf Twig has been on my wish list for quite some time. My current almost daily driver is a Henson medium, which is great and I’ve begun to appreciate during these past months. I’d like something just as mild but more “maneuverable” for some difficult spots (under the nose, areas of the neck, below ears) and to be quite honest, to treat myself after a year of hard work. So, I’d like your help to make up my mind:

- How mild is the Twig compared to a Henson +? What about blade feel?

- How durable is it? How reliable is the mechanism?

- Any other razor I should consider which meets the same criteria in the price range? I already have a vintage Tech and a SuperSpeed

Thanks in advance

Well, the Leaf Twig has been on my wish list for quite some time. My current almost daily driver is a Henson medium, which is great and I’ve begun to appreciate during these past months. I’d like something just as mild but more “maneuverable” for some difficult spots (under the nose, areas of the neck, below ears) and to be quite honest, to treat myself after a year of hard work. So, I’d like your help to make up my mind:

- Any other razor I should consider which meets the same criteria in the price range? I already have a vintage Tech and a SuperSpeed

Thanks in advance
Has been several years but I remember both the Twig and Thorn as really fine razors with the Thorn a bit more efficient.
😊👍🏻💈

I have the Thorn razor and I love it. It is my favorite razor and I have had every kind of safety razor out there. Including the Henson. The Thorn is well made and performs well. The Twig would be more like the Henson medium. Hard to compare not being side by side comparison.
I highly recommend it. In fact, I picked up a second one for back up. I have a silver one and a mercury one.

Nivea_Muhle25.JPG

Last edited:
I

Island

The twig is more efficient and maneuverable than the Henson but not quite as smooth. It is more fragile, though, and not a "last a lifetime" razor. The twist on and off mechanism can break.

Thanks in advance
The Twig is a great shaving tool. I have the Henson ++ and I prefer the Twig. There is not much blade feel, the shave is mild but close.
Very easy to work with, smart design with the magnet holding the blade.
About durability it's hard to say, the TTO can get clogged and get stuck. I used WD40 several times to release it.

Top Bottom