What's new

Leaf Razor vs Twig Razor by Leaf Shave

Leaf Razor vs Twig Razor by Leaf Shave

• Total voters
I voted Leaf, but have never used a Twig.

Got the Leaf for head shaves to get off carts and use a Hawk V2 and Feather Pro Guard for clean up. It has worked very well, but the Leaf is not an auto-pilot razor. I have nicked myself after getting complacent, though infrequently.
how do you get on with the leaf? which blades do you use?

so i used the leaf yesterday and i tried the subie shaves stacking method on the leaf,
so had 6 se perma sharp blades loaded in it

made it bit more efficient but it does bite if you have a lapse in concentration like i did lol!
saying that either way leaf can bite if you aint careful regardless

how do you get on with the leaf? which blades do you use?
Good. It is a suitable and effective replacement for the cartridge razor that I was using on my bald head.

You are correct. though: while it is the closest I have found to shaving with a cartridge, it can bite if you aren't paying attention, but is much more forgiving than a DE razor.

All things considered, it delivers a very fine and safe headshave if you treat it with just a bit of care.

So far, I've only used it for four shaves, still using the original set of three blades that cam with the razor. I also bought 100 each of some Parker, Derby Extra, Derby Premium, and Shark half-blades to try. I also have a bunch more DE blades that I can snap in half if I want to try a wider variety.

I got a leaf recently, and was thrilled with it for the first couple of shaves. I have sensitive skin, especially on my neck, which I have never been able to shave right to left (or vice versa) with a DE without a lot of irritation and bumps. With the Leaf, I can go right to left (against the grain) with no irritation whatsoever, even with all three blades, giving me the closest shave I have had on my neck in decades.

Today, I was shaving and immediately nicked my cheek, and noticed that it was feeling a touch more harsh than usual. Then, shaving under my chin I cut a nice line along the underside of the jaw. ***? I took a look and the middle blade had slipped out of alignment, and was on a slant, and I hadn't noticed when I checked before shaving. Ouch!

I fixed that bad, double checked that they were all aligned and finished my shave. Aah, that's the smooth Leaf shave that I've come to love.

Moral of the story - wear your glasses and carefully check the alignment of the blades before shaving, or the mild smooth Leaf will become a cutting thorn (not to be confused with the Thorn razor.)

has anyone actually found a blade that doesnt work well in the leaf or twig razors?

honestly i'd be surprised as imo i reckon most blades even those on the lower scales or sharpness and smoothness would still do the job in these razors tbh
I agree. I can load my Twig with any blade and it works really well.

Reactions: saj
I like the leaf, but not with their blades. I got it for my girlfriend, and she said it was harsh. I tried it, and it felt like ooooooold, uuuuuuused blades. Tug city!

Replaced them with Rapira Platinum Lux, and it was smooth sailing.

These razors seem like a solution for a problem that doesn't exist.
Hard disagree.

The leaf saves money over cartridges pretty quickly, and doesn't require learning a new skill. I won't say that it's better for the environment, as I don't know how much damage is done producing those metal handles, but if you care about less plastic waste there is a huge difference.

My girlfriend and sister-in-law aren't interested in slicing up their legs until they figure it out. My girlfriend in particular was scarred by a DE on her first attempt at shaving as a teenager. It was like printing a receipt from her shin skin.

Many people I try to get into DE shaving just don't care. It's a chore, not a hobby. "Why would I want to buy more things to make it take longer?" "Why would I want to spend weeks cutting myself to relearn the task I already don't like to do?"

The Leaf could be a gateway for those people to get into other wet shaving practices, or it could be a cheaper long-term shave solution.

I own the Twig and have previously made the comment that it is one of my favorite shavers. The head is small, narrow, thin and very agile. I think the people that designed it used a fresh and creative approach that works very well on my face.

has anyone actually found a blade that doesnt work well in the leaf or twig razors?

honestly i'd be surprised as imo i reckon most blades even those on the lower scales or sharpness and smoothness would still do the job in these razors tbh
Yeah the ones that don't fit... so far only derby usta.

Reactions: saj
hey anyone had issues with the paint chipping off on the leaf razor?

Bit disappointing as I do look after my razors and haven't double checked yet but don't seem to have an issue with the twig I think

So been using the leaf and twig combo most shaves recently

I've learned that I personally find that blades like that blades which I'd say are medium to sharp bit not too sharp perform best and make a big difference in terms of a comfortable BBS shave

Example blades I enjoy are Voskhod and nacets, obviously nacets are sharper but I think anything sharper then nacets means potential irritation and also in turn makes it a bit bitey perfect example is the feather blades which is usually my go to blades but always causes me irritation with the leaf YMMV

I'm curious if anyone else in the same boat as me?

enjoying the leaf and twig combo atm when I just want to get it over and done with and cba tbh

Top Bottom