What's new

Layrite v. Suavecito

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
Okay, I'm low on Layrite Super Hold and need to order more. Question is, is it worth paying a premium for Layrite, or is Suavecito Firme a parity--or superior--product? From the little I've read, a lot of people seem to base their decision on fragrance--and that's a subjective imponderable.

I don't use much product: my hair is soft and fly-away, and most products tend to flatten it out. Gels and mousses just comb out and let everything fall flat; Brylcreem and similar products just flatten my hair from the get-go. Nothing by Axe worked very well; American Crew Forming Cream tended to dull my hair.

Layrite Super Hold, OTOH, is the first product I've ever used that gets it right and gives my hair real body, allowing me to finger comb it. Just a tiny bit makes all the difference; that's what I would want from any similar product.

Thanks in advance for any thoughts.

I prefer Layrite and yeah the Suavecito scent is bad for me too. I guess either would do for hold. I seem to remember the Layrite being a little less hard or clumpy, so more natural.

Currently using Daimon Barber which beats both in being natural and soft. I use very little shampoo now and that almost precludes the need for anything added for hold, but I use the Daimon now and then, just a little.

I prefer Layrite and yeah the Suavecito scent is bad for me too. I guess either would do for hold. I seem to remember the Layrite being a little less hard or clumpy, so more natural.

Currently using Daimon Barber which beats both in being natural and soft. I use very little shampoo now and that almost precludes the need for anything added for hold, but I use the Daimon now and then, just a little.

I'd love to know which Daimon Barber product you recommend? I see a Original Pomade, Fixing Pomade, Texture Clay and a Forming Cream...

Also, I just noticed that Sudsy Soapery has a pomade as well that seems to have great, all natural ingredients in case that interests OP.

Top Bottom