What's new

Lawn work garb

I've pretty well continually been in bands for 32 years now. I use 300 watt tube SVTs and Ampeg 810s. No hearing protection.

I use hearing protection at work for things like demo saws, vac trailers, jack hammers, etc.

Never have for weed eaters or lawn mowers.

For a 47 year old guy my hearing is pretty good. They check it yearly at work.

Some of my bass rigs.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Usually long pants and older boots, ticks are a concern here and the pants I use are treated about once every two years with pemerithrin. Same pants I use hiking.

Early season it's long sleeves late season short plus a ball cap.

Always wore pants and closed toe shoes. I like my shins and toes. :)

I've eliminated all but an extremely small section of lawn, so that I can do that and everything else in the yard with nothing but a string trimmer.

I ordered a pair of Garden Gaiters (TM) yesterday for weedeating. We'll see how they work out. I've been using a pair of snow gaiters I've had for decades (before the invention of Velcro), but they don't go up that high and don't stay up unless I attach them to long pants with a safety pin.

Other than that, leather shoes (so stickers don't adhere or penetrate), a broad-brimmed hat, safety glasses, and whatever clothing is appropriate for the weather. I use a rechargeable electric trimmer with several changes of battery so no need for hearing protection.

For me it is old jeans and a long sleeved shirt plus some old work shoes (it is the yard after all!)

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
We use a local guy to cut our lawn, he wears mostly a t-shirt and jeans.....I hate garden work, all kind of it...

We pay to get the weeds taken pulled, the shrubs trimmed, and the grass weedeated out of the planters. I still take care of the lawn. I'm a bit redneck. I've been known to do my lawn work in my Ariats and my straw cowboy hat...with cargo shorts and a t-shirt. Hey, it gets hot in AZ, and the boots protect my shins from any stray rocks.

It makes for a long hot day, but it beats getting eaten alive by mosquitoes, getting sun burned, or having a projectile flying at your bare skin. On my lawn tractor (3 1/2" hours) and/or trimming, my garb is as follows:

- Blundstone safety toe boots
- Mechanix gloves
- Jeans
- Weather appropriate shirt
- Ball cap (Currently looking for a good quality pinched front cowboy hat to replace my old one)
- Will not trim without sun/safety glasses and I cringe when I see others not wearing them while trimming.

Lawn work garb usually consists of:

• oldest pair of athletic shoes, the ones which are worn or dirty but still comfortable
  • old jeans, sometimes shorts depending on the weather and activity
  • old t-shirt or polo. Use long sleeved shirt like an old oxford button down if working in bright sun or the mosquitoes are out
  • old corduroy baseball cap

Lawn work garb? My "lawn" is sand with beach grass and ice plant coverage. Noting to mow or maintain! I let nature fend for itself. :tongue_sm

Top Bottom