What's new

Lambda Athena

It is truly incredible. I've had mine for a couple of months now and am going to be selling off several other razors. Between this, my Atelier Durdan Le Maurice, and my Carbon Cx, nothing else I have is likely to get any use.
How do you like your Le Maurice? I’m considering one in the near future. What blade gap did you get?

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
How do you like your Le Maurice? I’m considering one in the near future. What blade gap did you get?
Le Maurice is my favorite razor. The overall geometry is perfect for my mitts (heavy, short stubby handle). I got the 1.0 gap because I prefer a milder shave (how he designed a mild-shaving 1.0 gap/positive exposure razor escapes me). First shave out of the box I was hooked.

Le Maurice is my favorite razor. The overall geometry is perfect for my mitts (heavy, short stubby handle). I got the 1.0 gap because I prefer a milder shave (how he designed a mild-shaving 1.0 gap/positive exposure razor escapes me). First shave out of the box I was hooked.
Thanks. I’m considering a 1.4 or 1.6 but not a lot of reviews out there. Loving my La Faulx so I thought I might give his DE a try.

I had a wonderful BBS this morning with the Athena. Have a blessed Sunday.
IMG_4047.jpeg

I'm not sure what email you are using, but Theo gets back to me at [email protected]
Yes, that's the email I tried to contact via, taken from Lambda official page. Now I checked when I wrote the message, it was sent on 29.04.2024., that is, more than a month ago, but there is no answer.
Back in the thread, someone wrote that when there is no finished product to sell, there is no communication. Apparently, that's the truth.

I used to want a stainless steel one, now I hesitate. Am I correct that the bronze one is not as « yellow » as a brass razor? From the pictures, the bronze color looks like a mix between brass and stainless steel.

For now all my razors are in stainless steel, so I contemplate getting something else although I tend to prefer the say stainless steel look.

I used to want a stainless steel one, now I hesitate. Am I correct that the bronze one is not as « yellow » as a brass razor? From the pictures, the bronze color looks like a mix between brass and stainless steel.

For now all my razors are in stainless steel, so I contemplate getting something else although I tend to prefer the say stainless steel look.
Definitely not as yellow as regular brass. It looks much whiter, probably because of the chromium and aluminum that are part of the alloy.
I bought my bronze Athena on 04/07/2024, have had about 20 shaves with it since then and still no darkening or other discolouration. An important clarification, after every shave, I thoroughly wash the razor with a brush and the toothpaste. After that, I dry it and store it disassembled in a safe place, without moisture. But I don't put her in her box like the recommendations.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
I put my name on the waiting list for a SS Athena (at least I hope I did; Lambda’s website is a bit troublesome with the Captcha nonsense). Exchanged emails with Theo, but, he didn’t confirm that I’m on the list).

I really like the Athena, but, the bronze maintenance is more than I had hoped because of my well water.

So, who has used both versions? Any differences in the shave? Did the SS come with the lovely mahogany box? Is the price difference as painful as I expect it to be?

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets

You are correct, the Lambda nickel aluminium bronze alloy is quite pale in colour and not gold coloured like brass. I took this picture next to a stainless steel razor to try and show the colour more clearly.

2FC24853-80BC-4C3F-A1A1-D93C56085394.jpeg

I put my name on the waiting list for a SS Athena (at least I hope I did; Lambda’s website is a bit troublesome with the Captcha nonsense). Exchanged emails with Theo, but, he didn’t confirm that I’m on the list).

I really like the Athena, but, the bronze maintenance is more than I had hoped because of my well water.

So, who has used both versions? Any differences in the shave? Did the SS come with the lovely mahogany box? Is the price difference as painful as I expect it to be?
i think the SS came in a grey stained box.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
It is definitely a pale gold color due to the alloy, very much unlike Timeless bronze. Until it starts to patina, which, for me, is the first shave. Initially, the patina is a lovely purplish-gray; sadly, the pleasantness doesn’t last long. With my water, I need to do a thorough Simichrome cleaning at the end of a one-week rotation, even with disassembling/washing/drying every shave.

I dearly love the shaves I get with this razor, but, the maintenance (or my OCD, perhaps) makes it untenable for me.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
It is definitely a pale gold color due to the alloy, very much unlike Timeless bronze. Until it starts to patina, which, for me, is the first shave. Initially, the patina is a lovely purplish-gray; sadly, the pleasantness doesn’t last long. With my water, I need to do a thorough Simichrome cleaning at the end of a one-week rotation, even with disassembling/washing/drying every shave.

I dearly love the shaves I get with this razor, but, the maintenance (or my OCD, perhaps) makes it untenable for me.
And I thought my water was horrible.... I've only rubbed down one of my Athenas with a micro cloth with Simichrome reside on it. I've never given it a full hand polish with Simichrome and I've have that one since mid 2022: Serial Number 22-160.

Mr. Shavington

Knows Hot Turkish Toilets

Wow. What’s in your water? Do you drink it?

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
Wow. What’s in your water? Do you drink it?
We have had it tested, replaced our softener system, added UV lights. It’s just the aquifer in my area, bedrock, whatever. Probably the result of my neighborhood being built on what was agricultural land for more than 200 years. I live in what is known as “The Mushroom Capital of the World.”

I was stunned after me first shave with the Athena; the next morning, the underside of the cap was visually darkened with purplish staining around the stud.

Top Bottom