What's new

La Faulx by Atelier Durdan Pass Around…..

Today Classic
proxy.php
:c2:

Between this and the wr4. I'm torn.
My sentiments exactly, their tied for me. I have Ti Wr4 .86 and Faulx Ti ++.
The Wr4 excels in many areas and is definitely more efficient but just as smooth. Faulx Ti++ excels in ATG pass, its best SE in that regard. Both are works of art. I like the look of the Faulx but the maneuverable nature of the Wr4, as nimble as the Vector Ti for me.

Between this and the wr4. I'm torn.
Based on using both, my opinion is that the La Faulx is better than the WR4. But don’t just rely on me, and they’re both certainly excellent razors. I think part of it is that the WR4 is much lighter than I prefer, but also with the 0.50mm gap the WR4 has more blade exposure than the La Faulx Classique, so not as gentle, and I still find the La Faulx more efficient.

Based on using both, my opinion is that the La Faulx is better than the WR4. But don’t just rely on me, and they’re both certainly excellent razors. I think part of it is that the WR4 is much lighter than I prefer, but also with the 0.50mm gap the WR4 has more blade exposure than the La Faulx Classique, so not as gentle, and I still find the La Faulx more efficient.

Technically the AD has more exposure but it's a completely different design

La Faulx .56 0
WR4 .50 -0.03

Last edited:
..but also with the 0.50mm gap the WR4 has more blade exposure than the La Faulx Classique..
Not sure if 0.50 WR4 has positive blade exposure

WR4:
IMG_7654.jpeg

And from Atelier Durdan:
IMG_7655.jpeg

I can tell from my experience I have WR4 0.65 (it should be +0.06) and La Faulx +Medium (+0.05) and they shave different but blade feel is very close.

I think it is more geometry and not numbers what makes La Faulx like milder, but for me WR4 shave more close.

I prefer La Faulx with not guarded blades (Kai Pink) and WR4 with Kai Protouch MG when use daily.

Not sure if 0.50 WR4 has positive blade exposure

WR4:
View attachment 1818693

And from Atelier Durdan:
View attachment 1818694

I can tell from my experience I have WR4 0.65 (it should be +0.06) and La Faulx +Medium (+0.05) and they shave different but blade feel is very close.

I think it is more geometry and not numbers what makes La Faulx like milder, but for me WR4 shave more close.

I prefer La Faulx with not guarded blades (Kai Pink) and WR4 with Kai Protouch MG when use daily.
From the charts, it would appear that WR4 0.7 gap would have a similar effect as the LF ++

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
both? ;-)
I already have and love the La Faulx Classic.. and my name will be at the top of the Wolfman list in a couple weeks. I was pretty sure I was going to get the WR4 0.50 but if it isn't quite as efficient as the La Faulx Classic, I might need to rethink that.

Top Bottom