What's new

L&L Bandwagon Splash

I've been using this for about a week now, paired with its brother soap. It's alcohol based, with witch hazel, glycerin and a couple of other light moisturizing ingredients, menthol. Initial burn is not brutal, just enough to remind you of its alcohol content. It quickly cools and soothes the skin. My slightly oily skin promptly absorbs two separate teaspoon splashes. Post shave feel is perfect, IME. Barbershop scent lingers for a couple of hours. $15/3.1oz, glass bottle. :thumbup1:

Ingredients: Hammamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, SD Alcohol 40, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Vegetable Glycerine, Fragrance, Sodium Lactate, Allantoin, dL-panthenol, Menthol, Hippophae Rhamnoides (Sea Buckthorn) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba L. (White Willow) Bark Extract, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Extract

These are great aftershaves. And bandwagon is a very nice scent. I think it's actually Witch Hazel based due to the fact that Witch Hazel is listed first, but I could be wrong. Regardless, L&L make great aftershaves, glad you enjoyed it.

Love this. Bought it on a whim at Pasteurs in NYC, having never heard of it. Wifey loves it too!

Sadly I did not get the Original also, even though I liked that scent a lot too. Just plain dumb of me, never constrain yourself when shopping shaving supplies. And you can't even get this brand in Europe where I live :crying:

...never constrain yourself when shopping shaving supplies.

Spoken like a true B&B shaver! Hopefully, you can get back to NYC someday and get some more.

Is the Bandwagon scent similar to any other scents out there, or is it another "barbershop" scent that's hard to describe?

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Is the Bandwagon scent similar to any other scents out there, or is it another "barbershop" scent that's hard to describe?
I'm terrible at describing scents I just know I like it. I'd classify it as barbershop but not similar to something like tabac. Its fresh clean with a zip to it.

It's like Mikes and many other barbershop scents, but a little better. Wish I had a better way to describe that. Clean is a good descriptor - like an herbal Barbershop with a little Irish spring in there?

I have smelled it but haven't used it and after this review it's at the top of my shopping list. I hope to hit Pasteur's on Friday.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
It's like Mikes and many other barbershop scents, but a little better. Wish I had a better way to describe that. Clean is a good descriptor - like an herbal Barbershop with a little Irish spring in there?

I have smelled it but haven't used it and after this review it's at the top of my shopping list. I hope to hit Pasteur's on Friday.
Oh Pasteur's.....I struggled to not get a green shopping basket at first but then admitted defeat!

...never constrain yourself when shopping shaving supplies.

Spoken like a true B&B shaver! Hopefully, you can get back to NYC someday and get some more.

Thanks, Bruce, for the friendly support, appreciate it. Spoken like a true friend, even though you know my act was stupid you still find the positive side :thumbup1:

I am also really poor at describing scents. I would call it barbershop, but 'darker', a bit more 'spicey'. I also get pepper and a hint of eucalyptus upon application. Nice!

Thanks, Bruce, for the friendly support, appreciate it. Spoken like a true friend, even though you know my act was stupid you still find the positive side :thumbup1:
QUOTE]

Nothing in your post to apologize for. If going to NYC weren't guaranteed to bring up painful memories of my late parents, I would make a journey to Pasteurs'. As it stands, I'm about three hours closer to Maggard's in Michigan, and I vacation there every year, so next year I'm detouring to make a pilgrimage there.

Top Bottom