What's new

l forgot to dry my brush, and left it out all day. Is it ok to use?

I'm sure your brush is just fine. Leaving it wet for a few hours once is not going to create the environment for mold. Just keep drying it between uses. You can also ensure that won't happen again by having another brush to rotate every other day. That way each brush can dry completely in between uses. Just a thought.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
What??? I thought your rotation was Arko, Arko, Arko?
Well..... would you believe so many folks got tired of me hawking Arko that I was sent a bunch of samples to try?

So it's Arko, then ?, followed by Arko, followed by ?, etc, etc...

Oh yeah. I've got 16 but rotate 9. But I'm not going to spend someone else's money for them, even though I could very easily do that.
I had just one brush for years, a budget Omega boar. Then, after reading on B&B for awhile, I got a new Semogue and liked it so much that I went on a spree. They were all fairly inexpensive, but I think I'll stop now with ten. How many brushes does one person need? :laugh:

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
You’ll be fine. I used to drop mine wet into the bathroom drawer and shut the drawer until the next morning. Never had an issue, from memory I have never had a knot fall out. Also never saw any mould and also never used to wash my brushes. Just rinse them out by using them to clean the sink after shaving.

My father always just left his badger brush standing by the sink, lather and all, after every shave. He survived doing this for around 70 years, and each of his brushes generally lasted five+ years.

Damp brushes left bristle-down in the soap mug was the norm back in the day.
My Dad used to do that, so I figured it was normal and did the same thing for 30 years.

Then, I discovered B&B and now I'm obsessive about taking care of my brushes. My Dad would have have laughed in my face if I ever told him that he should wash out his brush.

You guys are probably right, just by the overwhelming majority who believe I'd be o.k., that even though I left it "bristles facing up" so to speak, so the water , cold water, seeped back down into the knot.

The brush has been with me since 2006, and I'm sure it will be fine, and I'm positive I'm not the only one who has done that over the past 100 years or more.

Had it been a repetitive action, perhaps that may have compromised my brush. But then again, guys did it all the time with their brushes a-way back when.

I'm just glad my brush is O.K.

I do have a Silver Tip from 2006 I could use, but I try not to use it only because it inherited a genetic defect from it's mother's father. :lol: That is, it loses bristles every time I use it.

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
Well..... would you believe so many folks got tired of me hawking Arko that I was sent a bunch of samples to try?

So it's Arko, then ?, followed by Arko, followed by ?, etc, etc...
There you are. You just proved you are not a "YES" man and are scoping out the competition. You are sure to get a seat on Arko's board of directors.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
@Chandu , this place would not be as much fun without you here!

I've still got almost every bristle I was born with, but I'm still holding out hope for getting on the Arko dream team!

I rinse mine out after every use, but leave it standing upright. It's always dry by the next morning and I've never noticed an issue. One time I forgot to rinse it and didn't notice until a day or so later; rinsed it out and never had a problem. Brushes are tools and as such they can take hard use. They might not last as long as if you take excellent care of them, but I'll bet the lifespan will still be measured in years.

Top Bottom