What's new

Krups coffee grinder?

Goatrope

Eccentric and destitute of reason
Hey B&B coffee connoisseurs, I'm thinking about buying this Krups flat burr grinder:

Does anybody have experience with this grinder and have thoughts/recommendations one way or another?

Seems like a decent mid-tier grinder at a good price.

I don't want to put down your choice, but most of these sub $100 grinders are the same thing in different clothing. The one you found is on the more affordable end though. All of them have a terrible high pitched motor and most have static problems as a result. If your budget is sub $100 then you will have to live with what you get, but even at $150 you can find new or refurbished grinders that have a low speed motor from a company that only builds coffee equipment. We have one person here, who will be along shortly, that will have a more colourful post for you!

Hey B&B coffee connoisseurs, I'm thinking about buying this Krups flat burr grinder:

Does anybody have experience with this grinder and have thoughts/recommendations one way or another?

Seems like a decent mid-tier grinder at a good price.
From the photos the " fine " doesn't look very fine , maybe good enough for espresso , just "maybe " , and certainly nowhere near a good Turkish grind .

Goatrope

Thanks for the input guys.

I should have clarified I'm just using it to brew regular coffee. Nothing fancy like expresso, Turkish, French press, Latte, etc.

Just wanting to step up from store bought pre-ground stuff or cheap whirly-blade bean grinders.

I've heard conical burr grinders tend to be quieter than flat burr grinders. Is that true?

Maybe I should consider a manual grinder since it's just for me and my wife.

Maybe I should consider a manual grinder since it's just for me and my wife.
I certainly would if you are willing. I have several and use one at least twice a day. It's so much more pleasant as long as you get a quality unit. If you can swing a full $100, there are many choices, I wouldn't go cheaper though as these things have really advanced in the last several years. Most of the cheaper ones are older, less ergonomic, designs. I can go on if you would like.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand

My review speaks for itself. It's all you need to know, and it's all the grinder you will ever need.

Goatrope

I certainly would if you are willing. I have several and use one at least twice a day. It's so much more pleasant as long as you get a quality unit. If you can swing a full $100, there are many choices, I wouldn't go cheaper though as these things have really advanced in the last several years. Most of the cheaper ones are older, less ergonomic, designs. I can go on if you would like.
Holy moly! $100 for a hand cranked coffee grinder. They really must have advanced.

Holy moly! $100 for a hand cranked coffee grinder. They really must have advanced.
Yeah, the thing is that all of these more advanced grinders were twice that a few years ago. I think there is one that is $70 that might be worth it, hang on...

I personally would spend an extra $20 for the larger capacity one, but this is probably the best deal you are going to get.

Last edited:

Goatrope

Thank you for that @APBinNCA. Based on your suggestion, I think I'm going to go ahead and order that Timemore manual grinder for my Christmas present this year. :) My wife never knows what to get me, so......

If I discover the manual grinding isn't for me, maybe I'll save up for the Baratza Virtuoso+ next Christmas. 250 smackers, yikes!

Last edited:
Thank you for that @APBinNCA. Based on your suggestion, I think I'm going to go ahead and order that Timemore manual grinder for my Christmas present this year. :) My wife never knows what to get me, so......

If I discover the manual grinding isn't for me, maybe I'll save up for the Baratza Virtuoso+ next Christmas. 250 smackers, yikes!
You can get a brand new Encore for about $180 or a refurb for about $130, it's nearly the same. Hopefully that grinder that I linked has enough capacity because the larger version is only a little more, might want to check the mfg's website.

I figured it out(second picture), you probably should shell out a bit more for the Max since it's on sale too. It will have enough capacity for two people at once whereas the standard one is meant for one coffee at a time.

Last edited:

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
I love it when other's can appreciate the sexiness, of a well put together grinder. @APBinNCA has you setup on the right track for affordable manual grinders. And we both have you setup on the right track, for affordable quality and serviceable electric grinders. But, if you would like to take a quick look at what overindulgence looks like in a manual grinder, have a look at my 1ZPresso K-MAX hand grinder lol.

I absolutely adore this grinder, it works so good, feels good using it, and puts me in a state of meditation. And by the time I am done grinding, I am always surprised, cause I am just having too much fun lol. Having said that however, I grind more beans at a time then most people, 174-grams worth, because I am making coffee for more then one person, and enough to last 24-hours.

So, with that said, I ended up getting the Virtuoso+, because I wanted an electric grinder, that could speed up the process. Also, if there are days when I am feeling sick, last thing I want to do is hand grind, so the Virtuoso+ is great for those days too. Don't forget, everything costs more since the recent inflation that has been reaking havoc on the system. It is what it is.

Yeah, the thing is that all of these more advanced grinders were twice that a few years ago. I think there is one that is $70 that might be worth it, hang on...

I personally would spend an extra $20 for the larger capacity one, but this is probably the best deal you are going to get.
I 've been looking for the larger capacity one you mentioned but I can't find it. Could you please post a link to one.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I ended up choosing a more medium priced manual grinder:

It was on sale for $30 off, so I got it for around $100. Now, I only use it for French Press grounds, so it's easy to grind. It doesn't take much time at all due the coarse grind. If I was grinding beans for a drip coffee brewer or even more challenging, for espresso... it might annoy me. I would love a Virtuoso+ like the one Chris got but I can't seem to convince myself to spend the dollars. I'd rather have a Wolfman WR4 bronze razor head. <eg> Choices, choices.

Top Bottom