What's new

KitchenAid Siphon Coffee Brewer?

Anybody have any experience with this new entry into the siphon market? I use a Bodum Santos (now Pebo) for my daily brew, but I've had Harios and Yamas at different times in the past. Since I'm always just a dropped carafe away from looking for a new setup, I thought I'd check in on this. Ordinarily I wouldn't be thinking about a KitchenAid, but this seems to have some potential.

Looks like it'll be released in June, $250 MSRP, Williams Sonoma. Seems a bit high and I notice that it only shows up on sites like C-Net, Yahoo! Finance, etc., not the coffee sites (yet). I didn't see a way to adjust the temp or time, the C-Net review said a temp of 185 F which seems low, no idea if a glass filter rod would fit this. I think I'll stick with my Yama.

I did try out an Enflavor f-1889 Diguo electric siphon, it was much smaller and had a temperature adjustment, it would work well for siphon at work but they seem to have disappeared, even from eBay where units were going for $40 - $50. I guess it's a case of failure to launch, I hope the KitchenAid does better and is a good product.

Top Bottom