What's new

King Cobra Classic on sale

What is the prevailing wisdom concerning this razor? Was thinking about picking one up. On sale now for 149.99

What is the prevailing wisdom concerning this razor? Was thinking about picking one up. On sale now for 149.99

I can only caution you from buying directly from Classic Shaving as I have read a few negative reviews of their customer service here on the forums.

I bought the Occam razor about 6 months ago from them. The transaction was fine and I didn't need to contact customer service for any issues.

The company was bought out some years ago. $150 is a good price though.

Razor is a nice one. They are worth owning

proxy.php

I just pulled the trigger. I miss my Cobra Classic. IMO, It was a little too aggressive for everyday shaving. The King Cobra is said to be a little more mild than the Classic.

They came on sale two days after I decided to lash out. Puts a bitter taste in your mouth I can tell you.

I tried the Cobra Classic in a pass around and found it too aggressive. I bought the ATT SE and found it much more comfortable and a great daily driver.

I tried the Cobra Classic in a pass around and found it too aggressive. I bought the ATT SE and found it much more comfortable and a great daily driver.
Thanks for your perspective. I've heard that the King Cobra is milder than the Classic Cobra. My daily driver is a Gillette Red Tip. Wonder how they compare?

I like the stiffer SE blades in general as I find them more predictable in results and longer lasting than DE blades. I'm sure you could sell the King Cobra to recoup most of your cost if you don't like it. $150 is tough for a blind buy.

Some companies, like ATT, do offer a full refund within 30 days if you aren't happy with your purchase. But Classic Shaving policy is that all sales are final unless you can prove something arrived defective. No trial period is permitted.

I like the stiffer SE blades in general as I find them more predictable in results and longer lasting than DE blades. I'm sure you could sell the King Cobra to recoup most of your cost if you don't like it. $150 is tough for a blind buy.

Some companies, like ATT, do offer a full refund within 30 days if you aren't happy with your purchase. But Classic Shaving policy is that all sales are final unless you can prove something arrived defective. No trial period is permitted.
Thanks again for your comments - and yes, the customer service policies for Classic Shaving have put a damper on my enthusiasm. That's why I have hesitated in buying it.

For me the Classic Cobra is the gold standard for SE razors I had the King which I bought from Classic it came wrapped in tissue in a USPS priority box just bouncing around. I complained to Classic and they did refund $50 dollars but I still paid more than the sale price. I did find it to be milder than the Classic, just never could get comfortable with the handle on the King so I sold it. I hope you enjoy yours.

For me the Classic Cobra is the gold standard for SE razors I had the King which I bought from Classic it came wrapped in tissue in a USPS priority box just bouncing around. I complained to Classic and they did refund $50 dollars but I still paid more than the sale price. I did find it to be milder than the Classic, just never could get comfortable with the handle on the King so I sold it. I hope you enjoy yours.
I appreciate your comments regarding the King Cobra and Cobra Classic. I did not immediately pull the trigger on the King Cobra and the price went up to just over $200 so I'll have to look around for a previously owned King Cobra. All the negative comments about quality issues, poor customer service, etc have made me cautious about it though.

An interesting comment. Can you advise what you found the problem with the handle. Long before I made the decision to purchase the King Cobra I noted that Barbaros had a handle for the King Cobra and I've been thinking of one of these also.

An interesting comment. Can you advise what you found the problem with the handle. Long before I made the decision to purchase the King Cobra I noted that Barbaros had a handle for the King Cobra and I've been thinking of one of these also.

I just received my King Cobra in the mail today. I haven't shaved with it yet. I can definitively say the handle is massive. It is a much larger handle than anything I have used. I think it's even bigger than my old Gillette Fusion cartridge razor.

I hope you enjoy the razor it does give a very good shave and with the shallow depth of the cobra heads it makes for a very maneuverable shave. I just couldnt stop reaching for the Classis over the King, that maybe just me, as I have read many people preferring the King over the Clasic.

Top Bottom