What's new

I pulled the plug on a King C. Gillette last night

Country of Origin is typically on the outer box for the 2pk.
None of my individual tucks make this distinction, however all of mine are aged purchases.

You made me go check my stock…but you are correct, non of my old individual tucks have a country or origin written on it.

Sorry The Hangover GIF

I think you meant that you pulled the trigger on that razor. If you pulled the plug then you terminated it or kept it from happening, somehow. I pulled the trigger on the Harley and brought it home. I had to pull the plug on that deal on the Ducati as it just wasn't reliable.

Anyway, I hope you like the razor. I looked at one of those and thought about it, but bought a Henson instead. Look nice, though.

Is it basically a EJ head on a bar handle? Wonder who makes the handle. Looking forward to your report; I am interested in this razor as well.

As I understand it, the head on the Heritage was made in Germany. The entire KCG is now made in China (AFAIK).

Do they even make the Heritage anymore? I'm thinking of the one in the Tuckaway-type case. I haven't seen it lately and assumed it was out of production.

I think the Heritage was their ramp up and trial run.

When the KCG came out, it was only a matter of time before the Heritage was going away. I bought a few for this reason.

I don't think the KCG was brought out because Gillette figured they would push DE razors again.

If you look at the packaging, you will see it matches an entire expensive line of products. Gillette understands that those who would be buying SE shavers at their local drug store will also load up on all of the associated DE shaving paraphernalia, at large profit margins. Outside of the razor, everything else are consumables.

Top Bottom