What's new

Khaki Set

Here is a nice Khaki Set I picked up, on the bottom it has a name and 1942 written on the box. Ser# G 76151

That's a beaut! I just got my first Khaki set today, nowhere near the condition of yours (in fact mine has a completely split handle, but I figured it for display only, and it's got a decent case and mirror). Still, I probably paid too much for it, was kind of an impulse thing... Really nice to see yours there, that is a great piece!

I threw a new Feather blade in the old razor and gave her a go, I sure like the shaves from the old types.

I have one of these as well and finally took it out to shave with this morning. It's a hell of a shave, but it takes some effort to get the blade to line up correctly. Do shims eliminate this problem?

I have one of these as well and finally took it out to shave with this morning. It's a hell of a shave, but it takes some effort to get the blade to line up correctly. Do shims eliminate this problem?

Shims do not eliminate this problem, they just provide more blade gap. You will still have to align the blade. I found (for me) the Old style works better w/out shims. YMMV.

Shims do not eliminate this problem, they just provide more blade gap. You will still have to align the blade. I found (for me) the Old style works better w/out shims. YMMV.

Good to know. It requires attention, but it is one hell of a shave.

I have two Old Types and have never had a problem with blade alignment :blink:
Is it only certain razors or a wear issue? Mine lines up just like a Tech or NEW.
Wp

I have two Old Types and have never had a problem with blade alignment :blink:
Is it only certain razors or a wear issue? Mine lines up just like a Tech or NEW.
Wp

I'm still experimenting, but I seem to have spent more time checking/changing blade alignment on later models (or it could be my imagination). The majority of mine it's a simple mater of looking once I tighten it, and it's fine. I have found it helpful to hold the razor with the handle pointing up and the cap down while tightening them, holding the cap and blade guard with my thumb and index finger loosely. My theory is gravity will make the blade follow least resistance which will keep it even on the razor head. Or again, it could simply be my imagination :laugh:, but it seems like it works.

I find some blades need to be aligned more then others in the Old Type's, Feathers are the worst for this. I once got cut by a misaligned blade, now before I put any razor to my face I inspect it, looking to make sure the blade is tight, properly aligned, nothing is bent and that the razor safe to use

Top Bottom