What's new

Kent BLK8 - if I had only known......

i never thought i would spend this much on a brush but i was bored of a pure badger vulfix and omega Boar. Today i used it for the first time and all i can say is WOW!!!!!!

So luxurious on my face, lathered DR harris soap puck very well. I enjoyed every minute of it. If i ever lose this brush im getting another and another. Maybe I need 3 just in case?

I have a razorock extra stuffed silvertip in transit. Im excited to find out how it compares. Im like a drug addict now.

That's the problem with brushes. You're always wanting to try something different.

When I was in London 8 years ago I searched high and low for a Kent brush. I wanted to fly home with one so bad. Never found one. The closest I came was a couple of Kent hair brushes that I bought as gifts.

I went to four shops in the "shaving district," including the Taylor of Old Bond street shop (nothing but Vulfix brushes) and the Truefitt and Hill shop, which had Simpson, Rooney and Vulfix, but no Kent. I couldn't believe it.

Whoa! Im actually shocked. I have a Rooney beehive 1 but havent even used it yet. Looking forward to that one as well

Normally, I prefer brushes with some backbone which tend to load soap easier. However, the BK8 loads beautifully makes an incredible lather and feels great on my face.

congrats! kent brushes are great!!

kent brush group.jpg

Holy crap I want that collection!!!

An additional question for the group: I see the BK4 is more $$$ on west coast shaving than the BLK4 (ivory vs. black color). Is there something different? Is the BK4 more desired in the market?

I've been a lover of Kents for some time and have 10 now in all grades including a couple of T series boar and some other thats are a 50 / 50 mix. Personally regardless of what some say about face lathering with them I find them all superb.

Top Bottom