Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Its exactly like the regular ss model but with a mirror finish. Sorry for not posting a pic. The warning letter did actually give me pause. Tbh i never thought id buy something like a razor and not use it but i haven't used it.

IMG_20200919_201743.jpg

Karve Christopher Bradley C-plate
Treet Platinum (1)
Ever-Ready 3 Step, SHD 2 band, bulb, 26mm Badger Butterscotch and Sapphire
Lucky Tiger Face Wash
Rattlestick Fierce Preshave Gel
Chiseled Face Plunder Shave Soap
Chiseled Face Plunder Aftershave

First shave yesterday with my new Brass Karve SB A plate. Great first shave! Had tried my friends B plate a month ago and could never get an irritation and weeper free shave. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the A plate as too many rave about the Karve and there had to be a plate for me. I really liked the weight, looks and feel of the Karve, the B plate just wasn’t my cup of tea. The A plate gave me a smooth, irritation, weeper free shave with an Astra SP. Going to try a Gillette Platinum today. I see a new love affair building here!

First shave yesterday with my new Brass Karve SB A plate. Great first shave! Had tried my friends B plate a month ago and could never get an irritation and weeper free shave. Decided to bite the bullet and buy the A plate as too many rave about the Karve and there had to be a plate for me. I really liked the weight, looks and feel of the Karve, the B plate just wasn’t my cup of tea. The A plate gave me a smooth, irritation, weeper free shave with an Astra SP. Going to try a Gillette Platinum today. I see a new love affair building here!

My go to plate is the SB B (with an Astra SP), but lately I've been contemplating picking up an A plate as well... Your post has certainly nudged me in that direction...

Now if I could trade my D plate for an A, that would be perfect!

Shave today with the Brass Karve SB A plate. Changed the blade to a Feather and changed the soap from Stirling Barbershop to B&M Reserve Classic. Very good two pass shave, three small weepers that were cured by an Alum Stick. Still impressed with the razor. Yesterday’s shave with the GillettecPlatinum was a little troublesome due to me over buffing on my chin. But still an excellent shave.

My go to plate is the SB B (with an Astra SP), but lately I've been contemplating picking up an A plate as well... Your post has certainly nudged me in that direction...

Now if I could trade my D plate for an A, that would be perfect!
I was surprised of the difference between the B and A plates. I tried the B plate for a week and never could get a shave without weepers or irritation. I have gotten weepers with the A plate, but contribute that to user error. Try as much as I could weepers were commonplace with the B plate. If you are on the fence, get the A plate. Contact Karve and see if they would trade your D plate for an A. Never hurts to ask!

I was surprised of the difference between the B and A plates. I tried the B plate for a week and never could get a shave without weepers or irritation. I have gotten weepers with the A plate, but contribute that to user error. Try as much as I could weepers were commonplace with the B plate. If you are on the fence, get the A plate. Contact Karve and see if they would trade your D plate for an A. Never hurts to ask!
Alright, I’ll definitely have to get myself an A plate! My D plate is about a year old, so I really wouldn’t feel right trying to trade it in, but I’m happy to support Karve and buy another plate.

Do you find that the A plate still manages to give you a nice close shave? Sometimes razors can be too mild, and then they just don’t quite get close enough...

Alright, I’ll definitely have to get myself an A plate! My D plate is about a year old, so I really wouldn’t feel right trying to trade it in, but I’m happy to support Karve and buy another plate.

Do you find that the A plate still manages to give you a nice close shave? Sometimes razors can be too mild, and then they just don’t quite get close enough...
I find the A plate quite efficient. As with other razors I am doing a two pass shave and possibly buffing my chin and still getting BBS shaves. I would compare the A plate very close to my Timeless .68SB in efficiency.

I find the A plate quite efficient. As with other razors I am doing a two pass shave and possibly buffing my chin and still getting BBS shaves. I would compare the A plate very close to my Timeless .68SB in efficiency.

interesting... I do a 2 pass shave with the B plate and find it to be sufficient, but if I could get away with a 2 pass shave with an A plate that would be amazing! I think I see an A plate in my future... Thanks again for sharing your insight and experience.

Hi guys.

I currently use the Karve handle with the head off of my Gillette Heritage razor, and it fits it perfectly.

I'm wanting to get a spare R89 type head (as I believe the Gillette Heritage has an R89 type head) as I find its an excellent razor to use with the Karve handle.

The Karve handle has a 10/32 threading (confirmed by Karve on their website).

I was wondering if anyone uses an R89 type head with the Karve handle or could recommmend an R89 type head that would definitely fit the Karve handle.

Thank you :)

If it's not 10/32 it's m5x.8 usually.
Besides a few like fattip most use these 2 thread types.
You can ask maggard razors what theirs are. I believe theirs are m5 but not sure. Would have to try it myself at home.
But they have quite a few very affordable house brand Stainless handles to choose from

Why not use the entire Karve razor including head? One of the best modern razors currently in production...

I agree, and I do use the entire Karve for some of my shaves. It's just that I really like the Karve handle on the head I mentioned in my first post, as it changes things up a bit. And in light of this I wanted to have a spare R89 type head.

+2! That would be the obvious (and a very EXCELLENT) choice! :thumbup: :thumbup:

I agree, and I do use the entire Karve for some of my shaves. It's just that I really like the Karve handle on the head I mentioned in my first post, as it changes things up a bit. And in light of this I wanted to have a spare R89 type head.

I should have also added earlier that I want to be able to leave one of my Karve handles and the Gillette Heritage head at home. And use the second Karve handle that I have, with ideally an R89 type head (or a head with the same aggression) and leave this at my workplace. Hope this clarifies things 😀

Hi guys.

I currently use the Karve handle with the head off of my Gillette Heritage razor, and it fits it perfectly.

I'm wanting to get a spare R89 type head (as I believe the Gillette Heritage has an R89 type head) as I find its an excellent razor to use with the Karve handle.

The Karve handle has a 10/32 threading (confirmed by Karve on their website).

I was wondering if anyone uses an R89 type head with the Karve handle or could recommmend an R89 type head that would definitely fit the Karve handle.

Thank you :)

Make sure it is a brass threaded R89 made since 2017 and you are set.

Top Bottom