Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Im pleased to report that i took delivery yesterday of the polished ss razor. About 6 months wait. Packing was amazing. The razor is packed in an otter box type container with custom cut foam.
There is a full page single spaced letter enclosed basically describing all the bad things that can happen to the mirror polish if you actually use the razor. Recommend to handle with a glove etc.
So my question. .to anyone with his polished version is itthat fragile?

@Rhody. Glad you got your razor. Enjoy. Perhaps the glove mention is for when you clean up the razor. I suspect nothing different than a timeless mirror finish. I’m going with another brass. I’d like. SS but I can get a timeless plate in a couple of days. I’m Canadian and I do support Karve, on the other hand having had a small jewelry making business, I can understand why so many are upset. In my biz I never moved along to a new design, or new precious metal until I could supply my stores with adequate stock.

Would an order of the brass model causes long delays in shipping as well? The starter kit was a bit tempting for me and I am having some thought of it.

Im pleased to report that i took delivery yesterday of the polished ss razor. About 6 months wait. Packing was amazing. The razor is packed in an otter box type container with custom cut foam.
There is a full page single spaced letter enclosed basically describing all the bad things that can happen to the mirror polish if you actually use the razor. Recommend to handle with a glove etc.

I am guessing this is equal parts abundance of caution, but also a case of covering his ***.

Who would want to deal with a Customer who, through standard use, has marred the mirror finish (though I am at a loss to see how) and now seeks redress against the supplier?

I know some Wolfman owners go so far as to use the "gasket" that ships with the razor between the handle and base plate, so as to prevent the inevitable scoring that can occur.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Thanks for weighing in. It cya to the max. He also enclosed a wool type polishing rag and warns against synthetic rags. The tone ofthe letter, "if you plan on using it" lol. Caught me off guard.

Would an order of the brass model causes long delays in shipping as well? The starter kit was a bit tempting for me and I am having some thought of it.
I also recently ordered a brass one and received that only a few weeks if that after ordering. I think the brass is in stock. I decided to go with the brass first. Im starting with b oc. I have to say fit finish weight all 10s. Ive used it twice now. Its a pretty fantastic shaver. The b seems very efficient to me. Very smooth and easy to get the right angle. Trouble spots like chin and neck are easy. It gets right under my nose also an issue with AtT i have. Probably skill of the operator but a slight issue i have. Im super happy with the brass karve right now. Considering the price point t its insane.
Full disclosure, for the unexpected 6 month delay on the ss karve gave a n additional credit that covered the brass razor. I bought extra plates. All in all thats above and beyond in my book.

Glad to hear you finally got a polished razor!! The letter although is disturbing at best, "if you plan to use it", like he makes a razor that is collectible!! I had a polished Timeless and it showed some wear after a while but sold it as I wasn't interested in the maintenance to keep it looking like it showed up. I bought it to be used and cleaned on a regular basis but polishing just wasn't for me... Hope you have better luck...
I am guessing this is equal parts abundance of caution, but also a case of covering his ***.

Who would want to deal with a Customer who, through standard use, has marred the mirror finish (though I am at a loss to see how) and now seeks redress against the supplier?

I know some Wolfman owners go so far as to use the "gasket" that ships with the razor between the handle and base plate, so as to prevent the inevitable scoring that can occur.
This isn't at all surprising but I doubt you'll ever see the polished version up for sale from him in the future as I think he went into it thinking it would be as easy as the brass version and got quite the wake up call!! He's had some prety big red flags show up in the past but I'm afraid this red flag is huge!!
:popc:

As long as he throttles back to brass and stainless he’ll survive. Covid has hit everybody in Canada as well. Even though he’s a small operator Karve may realize that his best course of survival is sticking to 2 metals, and work on different designs. I sense he tinkers, then when there’s interest for other metals he jumps on that, and all orders are thrown off. Karve can make enough on his 2 designs, with 2 metals. IMO he can get needed respect of his customer base during this slowdown, but as I mentioned before he went the brass, plastic, aluminum, steel, then titanium. The trouble started way back when Karve experimented with plastic. He had a great base for brass with consumer confidence initially. I’m also wondering if the design and all the different metals Karve used are in preparation for a sale of Karve to another manufacturer. It’s the only logical thing I can think of considering the backlash from consumers. Build the company up, and sell.

I can see some coverage there. Unfortunate wording of “if you plan to use the razor” but indicates some legal jargon. Most use a razor. Really who spends $200 and doesn’t use the razor.

In thinking he's just being funny.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Probably not, some people are collectors, when I got my BBS1 from James at Wolfman he commented on the washer between the handle and baseplate to prevent scoring if I was going to resell it, I’m in the camp that if I want jewelry I’ll buy a ring. Razors should be used

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
Both karve razors have the washer. Ive kept it on the brass one ive been using. I see no issue with tightening it down with it in. Im definitely loving this razor.

Please do. Im using the one that came wuth but we need redundancy here!

I lost the washer down the drainpipe, so I bought a hundred of them to replace. I use them on a couple of different razors now. What you want is an M5 size plastic spacer, which refers to the size of the thread (M5) on the cap of most razors.

I got these, which work just fine. You can probably find them cheaper, I just picked the first ones I came across.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I lost the washer down the drainpipe, so I bought a hundred of them to replace. I use them on a couple of different razors now. What you want is an M5 size plastic spacer, which refers to the size of the thread (M5) on the cap of most razors.

I got these, which work just fine. You can probably find them cheaper, I just picked the first ones I came across.
Thanks !

Top Bottom