What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
What would you compare the G plate to in terms of efficiency? Can you compare to Ikon Tech, Ikon Standard, R41, and/or Charcoal Goods L3??

Thanks!!
Hello,

Its as efficient as Ikon Tech but much smoother. More efficient than R41 but smoother. Can’t say about Charcoal don’t have one. Bottom line is very efficient and smooth razor.
I have the F plates in SB and OC and the G SB. My favorite is the G SB. YMMV.

Cheers
John

My Karve is my most used razor, and the one I'd grab in an emergency.

All of my interactions and orders with him have been excellent and handled well.

He's a small shop, so I give him grace, since his stuff is in such high demand right now.

Sent from my phone using Tapatalk

Ruined aesthetics?

proxy.php
proxy.php

First image is my original top cap. Next is the wide body cap. Me likey both [emoji16]

Original for me, both in terms of aethetics & practicality.

I would imagine it would be very tricky to remove my Astra SP blade from the widebody cap after the wax on the blade had glued it down. I have this problem with my Gamechangers, only with them, the blade gets glued to the baseplate & is a swine to remove.

I can also confirm that it is possible to get a cut from exposed blade tabs, as I have nicked a nostil a couple of times. I just look upon this as a warning to be a bit less cavalier during my next shave!

I apologize if this has been answered before. I like my R41 but I want a more heavy stainless steel razor. Karve razors seems to work for many unbeatable.

So which plate should I choose when I want a blade feel like R41? F open comb or will this be to much?

Thank you very much!

I have both F and G plates. The efficiency is close but the feeling is totally different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
Karve’s all about blade support. Maybe someone who’s used an R41 and a Blackland Blackbird could help?

If Karve is the way for you to go, would their brass offerings weigh even more?

Karve’s all about blade support. Maybe someone who’s used an R41 and a Blackland Blackbird could help?

If Karve is the way for you to go, would their brass offerings weigh even more?

I have them all. Blackbird is the best shaver without any question. Smooth and unbelievably efficient. Karve is also smooth but not so efficient even with G plate. R41 is one of the best shavers but not so smooth.
If I have to choose only one the Blackbird is the king.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom