What's new

Karve Diem

Will you be ordering a SS Karve?

• Yes

• No

• Later when the price drops

• I’m so torn...

Results are only viewable after voting.
Used my SB with C plate today with a med prep blade. 4 days growth on head and neck. Two pass amazingly smooth shave. Haven’t even tried my D plate since getting this since the C has been so good.

It's a gorgeous razor. I almost pulled the trigger on a brass one. I'm an open comb guy and was seriously thinking about it. But then I read some reviews that referred to the rather large size of the head. I thought the price of the brass was up around my limit. But for me $150 for a razor is well beyond what I am willing to spend. I'm a cheap skate that way. I did just pull the trigger on another SS razor that was $65 all in including shipping. If this razor fits the bill, it may be the last razor I buy. So, I voted no on this poll.

Last edited:
It's a gorgeous razor. I almost pulled the trigger on a brass one. I'm an open comb guy and was seriously thinking about it. But then I read some reviews that referred to the rather large size of the head. I though the price of the brass was up around my limit. But for me $150 for a razor is well beyond what I am willing to spend. I'm a cheap skate that way. I did just pull the trigger on another SS razor that was $65 all in including shipping. If this razor fits the bill, it may be the last razor I guy. So, I voted no on this poll.
If my SS ever ships... they've had my cash for 6 working days now but still no shipping label, maybe I'll sell you my brass one with an F open comb plate. Then you'll know for sure.

If my SS ever ships... they've had my cash for 6 working days now but still no shipping label, maybe I'll sell you my brass one with an F open comb plate. Then you'll know for sure.

Tempting, but unfortunately my budget won't allow for another razor purchase for quite some time. Definitely tempted but also like being married.

Same here, money taken since last week and no sign of shipping yet. After asking what is going on with the order I received a very dull answer.. one line email saying "yeah yeah everything ok, we are busy making razors and we'll get back to you".
If I remember also the long waiting period this summer...I end up asking why I was so keen on giving money to such a company? How long is it going to take for the new list to be shipped? 250 razors in... 3 years?
Would the Karve be THE razor and it was all worth it?

But it seems that for the moment they don't care that much about customers, maybe when more negative reviews will come up they will realize...or when a "new best razor ever" will be praised by these forums and no one will buy it anymore.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying so much my Muhle Rocca that I wonder how the Karve will be able to beat it or at least to equal the level of efficiency and post-shave feel for me.

Dude....they had my money for three full weeks - 21 days - before I got my shipping notice, and I finally received the razor a week after that. You’ve been following this thread all along (you started it!!), so you shouldn’t be surprised by what’s happening. You sent them your cash with full knowledge of their fulfillment shortcomings.

What’s the old saying.... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Or, the George Bush version: “Fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."

Last edited:
Dude....they had my money for three full weeks - 21 days - before I got my shipping notice, and I finally received the razor a week after that. You’ve been following this thread all along (you started it!!), so you shouldn’t be surprised by what’s happening. You sent them your cash with full knowledge of their fulfillment shortcomings.

What’s the old saying.... Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Or, the George Bush version: “Fool me once, shame on -- shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again."
You know, you’re 100% right

I received my Stainless Open Comb Plates—Oc B and Oc C yesterday! For me, Karve has been top notch. And they responded to my emails as well.
I had a wonderful shave yesterday with the B-open comb. It definitely has a different feel than the SB B and is a little more efficient but just as smooth.... One thing I love about the Open Comb is how it collects the lather and I can do the whole face WTG without rinsing, how awesome is that.

I hope you guys get your razors sooner rather than later. Just be patient, my .2 cents.

Happy Shaves :)

I emailed them yesterday to ask about the status of my order and they haven't responded at all. I'm done. After all this time on the stupid waitlist I figured if they invoiced me it must mean there is a product ready with my name on it. Foolish me. I just cancelled my order.

I have several fine razors. Don't really need another. Tomorrow I will use my Gamechanger stainless steel .84 razor and enjoy it immensely. That one was about 1/2 the cost of the Karve and shipped immediately and performs wonderfully.

I have previously posted regarding Karve selling something that does not yet exist in this thread on post #239.

Based upon consistent, repetitive behaviour, Karve clearly functions on a pay now and receive the product significantly later business model.

It is as if the individual orders for the products do not begin to be manufactured until much time after the payment is received.

It is as if the individual orders for the products do not begin to be manufactured until much time after the payment is received.
Maybe this is so to enable cashflow to buy the raw materials needed.
He is not a multi-national corporation after all.

When you get your razors in hand and begin to use them, you'll never think back to the buying process.

P.S. have any SS been thrown up on any BST sites?

Maybe this is so to enable cashflow to buy the raw materials needed.
He is not a multi-national corporation after all.

When you get your razors in hand and begin to use them, you'll never think back to the buying process.

P.S. have any SS been thrown up on any BST sites?
If what you say is true he should inform the buyer in advance.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk

Exclusivity and limited supply drives demand. Econ 101. If they were cranking them out like Weishi razors, no one would want one.

If what you say is true he should inform the buyer in advance.

Sent from my SM-T387V using Tapatalk
Its his business and he has the right to run it how he deems fit. Whether it is correct is another matter and not for us consumers to tell him how he should operate.
The Karve CB in brass is a product that is known and loved by many a DE shaver. I have one and love it! Also i kept a close eye on the SS release and had my order done in a few seconds. It wasn't shipped immediately (as well known) but i cannot tell you how many days it took to ship. That issue is immaterial to me. What matters, is how damn fantastic it is....

Top Bottom