What's new

Kanzy K100 £6.99 Razor

61O3UlHOC7L._SL1500_.jpg

In January I had 2 friends who converted to D.E shaving due to various reasons (ingrown hairs, not achieving a good shave, price of cartridges, skin problems etc..)

They bought a Edwin Jagger DE89 but both where struggling to get the technique down & had problems with cuts etc within the 1st month.

So I got fed up of explaining & teaching everyday lol so i gifted both of them for their birthdays which are a day apart; this cheap tech clone which I had got for myself just based on the looks a while back, I thought a tech style head is great for beginners & experienced users alike, the optimal friendly razor head design, thinking later they could enjoy their Edwin Jaggers once technique is mastered.

Long story short they both was able to get to grips with the technique much easier with this razor & actually achieve great shaves, now they are alternating between the Edwin jagger & this gem & both prefer this as now.

Its pretty light so for complete newbies who never in their life time picked up a D.E its fine as they are used to cartridge razors, the head is mild tech clone, no alignment issues at all, perfect size.

I know there is a baili razor, Gillette 7 o'clock with plastic handle, rimei, razorock tech etc.. So many cheap razors but this was super cheap & handle looks great & it was something a little different in looks to the usual cheapo's with a nice finish. I use kai blades in mine & shave daily just to maintain a clean appearance for work during the week its gentle & kind on the skin.

So if your in the UK you can get one to gift to a newbie or even for yourself if you like ;)

61B3-tkAXoL._SL1500_.jpg

Amazon link: Kanzy ® K100 - Double Edge Safety Razor - Fits All Double Edge Standard Razor Blades - Safety Razor - Blades Are Not Included + Presentation Case With Inside Mirror (K-100): Amazon.co.uk: Beauty

Attachments

• 81brRfxDzPL._SL1500_.jpg
    81brRfxDzPL._SL1500_.jpg
    209.8 KB · Views: 34
I got this Kanzi (rebranded Baili) today, as my old razor with the same head (but different handle)... met with a pair of pliers during an experiment and suffered damage to plating on the top cap.
I shaved with the Kanzi today too. It was a nice shave, but the Gillette 7 O'clock Super Platinum (black) aren't the best match for me in this razor, but Astras SP (green) worked better (with the older head).

This is my old razor:
3 Piece Long Handle Safety Razor + 10 Wilkinson Sword Double Edge Blades + Pouch | eBay

The shorter handle on the Baili/Kanzi the OP posted pictures of is grippier and a bit nicer to maneuvre even for larger, clumsy hands like mine.

With the right blade, they shave pretty well. Not the most efficient shavers, but great for close, comfortable shaves for me.

Search "BD176 Razor" on aliexpress and you'll find it for $8.54, but you'll need time and patience for it to ship from China.

I also came across this slightly different model, the BT171, for a whopping $3.82: Aliexpress.com : Buy Classic Double Edge Safety Razor T Shape Men's Shaver Long Handle Barber Shaving Shaver Stainless Chrome plated + Mirror Case from Reliable double edge safety razor suppliers on Fairy Tale123

I think that's the older model that has some blade overhang on the sides. I haven't tried it myself, thought, but from what I've read so far, the BD176 should be a nicer shaver.

Search "BD176 Razor" on aliexpress and you'll find it for $8.54, but you'll need time and patience for it to ship from China.

I also came across this slightly different model, the BT171, for a whopping $3.82: Aliexpress.com : Buy Classic Double Edge Safety Razor T Shape Men's Shaver Long Handle Barber Shaving Shaver Stainless Chrome plated + Mirror Case from Reliable double edge safety razor suppliers on Fairy Tale123

The BD176 Razor is identical to this kanzi razor they must be rebranded to kanzi here in the UK & the razorock de1 over in the states, the BT171 model is older & also goes my various names that particular one I didn't like, the newer model is much better upgrade substantially in the finish & weight/thickness of the head.

IMG_20170408_233159.jpg

^^The baseplate is thick & pretty heavy compared to most of these Chinese made tech clones, the finish/plating is coated thicker by looking at it & is flawless, incredibly shiny that its difficult to take a picture.

IMG_20170408_233020.jpg

^^The Kanzi is 1st razor starting from the left, i switched the handle to a smooth shiny 1 to compliment the shininess of the head, 2nd razor is the English flat-bottom tech which I got the kanzi handle on the rest are few other designs of techs I have just for visual comparison. I have more techs but I just wanted to show how this kanzi stacks up to the common ones.

IMG_20170408_232904.jpg

^^ Kanzi baseplate on the left & common English tech on right & same razors below
IMG_20170408_232732.jpg

IMG_20170408_233836.jpg

Looks beautiful right

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
View attachment 781152
^^The baseplate is thick & pretty heavy compared to most of these Chinese made tech clones, the finish/plating is coated thicker by looking at it & is flawless, incredibly shiny that its difficult to take a picture.

View attachment 781158
^^The Kanzi is 1st razor starting from the left, i switched the handle to a smooth shiny 1 to compliment the shininess of the head, 2nd razor is the English flat-bottom tech which I got the kanzi handle on the rest are few other designs of techs I have just for visual comparison. I have more techs but I just wanted to show how this kanzi stacks up to the common ones.

View attachment 781159
^^ Kanzi baseplate on the left & common English tech on right & same razors below
View attachment 781160

View attachment 781161
Looks beautiful right
Looks nice! Is the handle slippery?

KeenDogg

Slays On Fleek - For Rizz
It can be slippery but its not too bad that the razor will cause a cut, I wipe the handle if it does get wet.
If you have am Alum block, wetting your fingertips then touching the block will provide a good grip also.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

If you have am Alum block, wetting your fingertips then touching the block will provide a good grip also.

Kindly,
Adam

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks mate i will try that, i have heard that tip before but i never actually tried it.

They bought a Edwin Jagger DE89 but both where struggling to get the technique down & had problems with cuts etc within the 1st month. [/QUOTE said:
A lot of people recommend the EJ DE89 razor to newcomers, but I am not one of them. I found it difficult to find the correct shave angle to give a close shave without nicks and irritation. After learning the proper angle for using the razor, it works just fine. I just do not see it as a forgiving razor for a newcomer.

I have not tried a Baili razor, but it sounds like a decent option for a newcomer.

They bought a Edwin Jagger DE89 but both where struggling to get the technique down & had problems with cuts etc within the 1st month. [/QUOTE said:
A lot of people recommend the EJ DE89 razor to newcomers, but I am not one of them. I found it difficult to find the correct shave angle to give a close shave without nicks and irritation. After learning the proper angle for using the razor, it works just fine. I just do not see it as a forgiving razor for a newcomer.

I have not tried a Baili razor, but it sounds like a decent option for a newcomer.

I think the tech style head profile is a little easier & carefree to 'complete' newbies who to a DE razor is completely foreign tool & those who are used to applying pressure with cartridges another mistake new DE shavers make is they try to get a baby butt smooth shave straight away but as the skin needs time to get use to a DE they either get loads of cuts or just give up, i didnt want my friends to give up so soon i let them learn the ropes on this particular razor.

Granted its super mild & not the most effective as in reducing the growth in one pass but with nice prep, smooth blade it does the job accordingly, i can't shave with it with long beard growth it just takes too long but just for daily shaving with the grain passes & little touch ups everyday to maintain a nice appearance its not bad at all to keep in your arsonal.

Haha okay I must of missed that razorrock, too many razors to keep up with nevertheless for people in the UK we have it here because I'm sure we pay much more for shipping then the cost of the razor from the US.
View attachment 780711
I have this razor. I hate it. Mild yet oh so inefficient. Even at this low price it's horrible. The Ming Shi 2000s is less and is a jewel by comparison.

How this Kanzy razor shaves compared to a Merkur 34C?
I was about to pull the trigger, but the previous post prevented me.

Top Bottom