What's new

Kai knockoffs - Aliexpress?

Hi all,

Randomly came across some AC blades on Aliexpress which appear to be called "Captain Titan" so I'm guessing either another chinese brand or just a Kai knockoff. I've not heard of them before so just wondering if anyone has tried or come across them at all? They appear to sell for around $3 per pack and have good reviews but who knows.

Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 23.38.42.png
Screenshot 2023-12-02 at 23.38.51.png

The real brand it´s "Torpedo" , I bough a pack of the blue ones, and they just couldn´t trim my whiskers, instantly I felt the tearing and dragging and left them to sharpen pencils or cutting paper.

IMG_20230929_140144285.jpg

The good thing is that they´re so cheap that testing them isn´t an issue...

Cheers

Ron R

I survived a lathey foreman
The real brand it´s "Torpedo" , I bough a pack of the blue ones, and they just couldn´t trim my whiskers, instantly I felt the tearing and dragging and left them to sharpen pencils or cutting paper.

View attachment 1758365

The good thing is that they´re so cheap that testing them isn´t an issue...

Cheers
Have to agree, no where as good as Kai Titan mild pink the real McCoy. Bought a packet with my Shavette and it was rough where the Kai slices much better (Lesson learned on that) + they sent the wrong ones and ended up getting them for nothing with a dispute but still don't use them. Bad blade to learn on with a Shavette!
This company comes close to making a good blade in looks but their steel is not there yet, Kai makes excellent steel for razor blades IMO.

Well maybe if the people at AliExpress called their knockoff, "Alternatives" people might accept the copies better.

We had a Cigar Store owner who use to go to source countries of high dollar Cigar, and ask small factory to copy blends, he use the term Alternatives to more product. Not the real thing, but close as he could clone blends.

Top Bottom