What's new

K.I.S.S - Travel Gear

It really depends on where i'm going and for how long. In some instances I may bring some of my DE and SE razors like my GC .84p or my Schick M adjustable, but if i'm going on a vacation and/or take a plane, I would definitely buy a disposable cart like BIC and just take one of my almost empty shaving creams or an Arko stick and maybe an aftershave balm too. No need for brushes, bowls, alum blocks etc.

I haven't fully shaved with a cartridge razor in many years, but I doubt that it would kill me if I use one for a couple of days or even weeks. I usually don't take anything valuable and expensive with me on vacations and trips ever since I had a few accidents in the past.

Ratso

Mr. Obvious
Away for a month. One razor with choices for blades and soap. The unlabeled tube is an Arko stick.

24D7321D-6244-496A-B9C8-85CAFE6F5520.jpeg

My travel set up has to be multi-functional; hotels, couch surfing, camping,
and practical in dry climates.

travelshave.jpg

Rockwell 2c, I could shave in the dark with it. With about any blade.

Razorock synth brush, I forget the model but it works great.

I don't see Lucky Tiger mentioned often. YMMV but I'm sold. Face lathering with Very Little water, it works with or without a brush. I prefer brush. I get superb shaves with it. It rinses clean with less water. I'm a constant sunscreen guy and using it I don't don't feel like I've got 5 layers of goo to sweat through all day.

Have a great weekend All!

Option 1: I usually travel with a carryon only, so no blades can be packed.

F3074136-7B3E-44DE-BC86-F684E51DCD36.jpeg

Trac II razor with spare cartridge. It’s also the fastest blade shave.

Polyester Bristle Brush in Bandaid Tube ( lid optional)

Small puck of soap in optional plastic container (bottom of a Hydrogen Peroxide bottle)

Lather Bowl, Philadelphia Cream Cheese tub. (This is now my favorite lather bowl!). Other toiletries can be packed inside.

Option 1a: Gillette Old Type open comb with aluminum Tech handle. (Recent acquisition, compact, close shaver.) If I check luggage and have time to spare.

Option 2: Electric Razor. Fastest shave, least fuss.

Attachments

• 41A8E378-9701-422F-B9D5-BA5A34DDA0D6.jpeg
    41A8E378-9701-422F-B9D5-BA5A34DDA0D6.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 6
A travel case I set up to fit multiple razors. I wanted it to hold one extra baseplate. For the Rockwell usually use the 5/6 plate but occasionally use the 2/4 plate. I also love the Razorock Gamechanger but its always nice to have the extra plate. The blades are friction fit and sit nice. Not necessary but it gives me the fizz.
20220311_101454.jpg
20220311_101118.jpg
20220311_101106.jpg

Razor: Probably my Henson. Could go with my old Sensor, I still have 3 carts for it, but I’d rather not. I’ll be checking a bag so blades won’t be a problem.

Blades: I expect to shave 4 times, so I can probably get away with just loading one and sticking with it.
I would put DE blades in my checked-in bag and carry the razor with me (and maybe a disposable razor, just in case). I've had too many bags lost or delayed. A Wilkinson Sword or Derby type plastic blade dispenser is useful for safely carrying new and used blades.

If you don't have a blade in the razor then you don't need to be too fussy about a case for it, either.

Just a TTO razor and blade and a tiny Aveda aftershave lotion sample.
Hotels usually have little "I forgot" shave cream samples, but you can shave with anything in a hotel room: conditioner/conditioning shampoo, face soap, lotion. Or a pat of butter from the breakfast buffet.

(replying to my post from 2 months ago)

I would put DE blades in my checked-in bag and carry the razor with me (and maybe a disposable razor, just in case). I've had too many bags lost or delayed. A Wilkinson Sword or Derby type plastic blade dispenser is useful for safely carrying new and used blades.

If you don't have a blade in the razor then you don't need to be too fussy about a case for it, either.
Funny, I’m reading this as I sit in the airport. Ended up just going with the old Sensor and canned gel. There will come a day where I travel with my DE, but decided I still have a few cartridges and 1/2 cal of gel to use up, so this was simplest.

(And this is the first time using the carts in 7 months, kinda curious to compare tbh. I never paid much attention to results before, just shaved real quick and was on my way.)

Funny, I’m reading this as I sit in the airport. Ended up just going with the old Sensor and canned gel. There will come a day where I travel with my DE, but decided I still have a few cartridges and 1/2 cal of gel to use up, so this was simplest.

(And this is the first time using the carts in 7 months, kinda curious to compare tbh. I never paid much attention to results before, just shaved real quick and was on my way.)
Its been a while for me too. Last time i used a cart was when I went to Flordia with my Fiancee. I remembered it feeling ao weird having so much contact my face, it being really light and cheap feeling, and it dragging. That was after about 1.5 years of DE shaving, mainly with the Rockwell 6s at the time. The cartridges certianly do the job, and they are ideal for travel (if i fly) by making it more simple. Happy travels and shaving👍

Top Bottom